Sony has revealed the tech specs for its cut price E-1000 PSP model, which is expected to hit retail between £70-£99.
The new model will be heavier at 223g in comparison to the PSP 2000′s 189g, which is curious considering the new model comes with less features, having had both WiFi and its dual mode speakers removed, leaving only one mono speaker, although there is still a headphone port to make up for this.
Check out the stats below.
- LCD screen: – 4.3 inches / 10.9 cm (16:9) full-transparent type, TFT drive. – Approximately 16,770,000 colours displayed.
- Sound: Monaural speaker.
- Internal disc drive: Read-only Universal Media Disc drive.
- Interface: – DC IN 5V connector. – Hi-Speed USB (USB 2.0 compliant). – DC OUT connector. – Headset connector. – Memory Stick PRO DuoTM slot.
- Power source: – AC Adaptor: DC 5.0 V. – Lithium-Ion rechargeable Battery Pack.
- External dimensions: Approx. 172.4 × 73.4 × 21.6 mm (width × height × depth) (excludes largest projection).
- Weight: Approx. 223 g (including Battery Pack).
- Operating environment: temperature 5C – 35C.
- Compatible codecs: – Universal Media Disc Video: H.264/MPEG-4 AVC Main Profile Level 3. – Music: H.264/MPEG-4 AVC Main Profile Level 3, Linear PCM, ATRAC3plus, Memory Stick. For details, refer to the User’s Guide.
- Universal Media Disc laser: – Wave length: 655 – 665 nm. – Power: Max. 0.28 mW. – Type: Semiconductor, continuous.
- AC Adaptor: – Input: AC 100-240 V, 50/60 Hz. – Output: DC 5 V, Max. 1500 mA. – External dimensions: Approx. 61 × 23 × 84 mm (width × height × depth) (excludes largest projection). – Weight: Approx. 62 g
– Maximum power consumption: Approx. 6 W (when charging).