As you know by now, we published our review of Dead Island this morning, giving it a rating of good and generally showering it with praise, which to be fair, it’s worthy of.
However, as mentioned in our review, the game is not without its issues, with pop-up, crashes, screen tearing and other problems blighting this otherwise great game.
Well we can now confirm that you lucky gamers out there may not even have to put up with these issues thanks to a day one patch which will be released from tomorrow, which our contact tells us that this will zap many of the problems within the game.
Unfortunately our contact would not provide us with the actual list of the fixes, however it’s still nice to know that the developer is already on the case. Hopefully the developer will make an official statement on this subject tomorrow, letting us know exactly what has been fixed, in the meantime though make sure you check out our review and keep in mind (fingers crossed) many of the issues we have mentioned may be fixed.
Dead Island is due to release on September 6 and September 9 in the USA and UK respectively. You can pre-order a copy here (Xbox 360), here (PS3) or here (PC).
We now have the list of fixes, check them out below.
- Fixed map synchronization when player joins during map load.
- Fixed saving player re-spawn position when playing in co-op mode.
- Fixed occasional inability to complete sidequests in Laboratory.
- Improved enemy awareness (zombies).
- Fixed occasional bug with NPC’s hands bend (IK)
- Fixed spawning enemies in some quests after joining co-op game.
- Fixed showing locations on invisible NPCs.
- Fixed potential path blocker when quest “Knockin’ on heaven’s door” was completed before talking to Dominik during the “On the air” quest.
- Fixed displaying gather rings near some doors.
- Fixed enemy reaction to fire.
- Fixed enemies’ health and stamina bars in co-op.
- Fixed filtering of games in lobby.
- Volume of pickup’s engine has been increased.
- Fixed a number of issues causing game instability.
- Fixed the switching of maps upon player death.
- Fixed enemies unable to reach the player on some arenas.
- Thrown items cannot be picked up by co-op players for five minutes.
- Items from freshly opened containers cannot be picked up by other players for five seconds to prevent theft.
- Fixed animation glitch when trading with team members.
- More than one player can use a ladder at the same time.
- Fixed stomping execution animation when target’s attacked by a second player.
- Fixed the infinite respawning of shooting enemies.
- Fixed not hiding menu if players die inside a vehicle.
- Fixed item level calculation when playing New Game Plus.
- Added information about players requesting pause in co-op.
- Fixed A.I. animation glitch after fast-traveling or using a map portal.
- Added distinction between quest checkpoints and other types of saves.
- Fixed bug causing all inventory to disappear.
- Fixed reloading and kicking. After the clip goes in, the reload is a success.
- Purna can gain bonus rage from both “Grim Inspiration” and “Inspiring Kick”.
- Only “Walker” type enemies increase the extra XP of the “Combo” skill from Xian’s Survival skill tree.
- Health regeneration is disabled during grabs.
- Focus on items in shops not changing after selling or buying.
- More HP for NPCs in escort missions.
- Butcher enemies won’t spawn at all during escort missions (hooray!)
- Fixed tracking after loading checkpoint.
- Increased minimum vertical distance to count a waypoint as passed for NPCs (they no longer wander back-and-forth).