Rockstar Games has today announced that the Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year Edition will be released in North America on October 11, 2011, and October 14, 2011, internationally for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year Edition will include the full, original Red Dead Redemption game; all free and paid downloadable content packs released to date, including Undead Nightmare single- and multiplayer offerings; and all bonus content.
“We wanted to create a world that captured the spirit of the Western,” said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. “We are thrilled that Red Dead Redemption’s vision of the West resonated with so many people.”
The package includes:
• Original Red Dead Redemption game with a brand-new hardcore single-player mode;
• Undead Nightmare single-player campaign and multiplayer* modes;
• Legends and Killers Pack*, featuring additional multiplayer map locations, multiplayer characters, and the Tomahawk projectile weapon;
• Liars and Cheats Pack*, including the Stronghold multiplayer competitive mode, Free Roam gambling games, multiplayer horse races with combat, and the Explosive Rifle.
• Hunting and Trading Outfits Pack, featuring two outfits with corresponding gameplay challenges for John Marston;
• Outlaws To The End Co-Op Mission Pack*, including six co-op missions for up to four players;
• All original pre-order content, including the Deadly Assassin Outfit, War Horse, and Golden Guns Weapon Pack;
• Solomon’s Folly single-player gang hideout and challenges available for the first time on Xbox 360;
• Just-released Myths and Mavericks Bonus Pack, featuring fan-favorite multiplayer characters and all-new locations to battle in.
This sounds like it could be a great deal if you don’t own the game already and if you do then remember that the Myths and Mavericks Bonus Pack is out now and available for free to download on Xbox LIVE and PlayStation Network.