Microsoft has today announced details of this years’ Kinect UK tour, which will span the country giving people a chance to try out the Xbox 36′s motion device.
The Your Kinect Experience tour kicks off on September 29th at the Metro Centre in Gateshead and consumers are able to book their personalised experience from today using the Facebook booking tool and interactive tour map which details all UK trial locations at www.facebook.com/kinectforxbox360.
Once booked and at the venue, groups of up to five friends can play one of four games together prior to release (Kinect Disneyland Adventures, Kinect Star Wars, Kinect Sports Season 2 and Dance Central 2) within the Your Kinect Booth.
On arrival all visitors will be given the option of using an RFID wristband which will allow the Your Kinect Facebook application to link the visitor’s experience to their Facebook profile allowing personalisation of their experience by easily sharing everything they see via Facebook, from photos and videos to other content by swiping their wristbands at various points in the booth.
Stephen McGill, Director of Xbox and Entertainment comments, “We are delighted to be taking Kinect on tour again this year. Seeing really is believing with a product as magical as Kinect, and we have some truly amazing games launching before and after Christmas. With a product as innovative as Kinect it’s only fair that the tour experience matches that. Not only will consumers receive a personalized experience it will be completely integrated with Facebook using RFID technology to create a unique trial experience.”
Kinect Disneyland Adventures will also be appearing across the UK at selected Disney on Ice shows, details for that are below.
Full details of retail trial locations can be found on the Kinect Tour map at www.facebook.com/kinectforxbox360 and at www.Xbox.com.
Your Kinect Experience
- 29th September 2011 – 23rd October 2011 – Metro Centre, Gateshead, UK
- 26th October 2011 – 28th November 2011 – Westfield Shopping Centre, Shepherd’s Bush, London, UK
- 2nd December 2011 – 7th December 2011 – Clothes Show LIVE, NEC, Birmingham, UK
Kinect Disneyland Adventures Tour
- Newcastle Metro Radio Arena: 7- 9th Oct
- Disney Inspiration Store, Oxford Street, London: 21st – 27th Oct
- London Wembley Arena: 28th – 30th Oct
- Birmingham NEC: 4th- 6th Nov (3 days)
- Sheffield Arena: 11th – 13th Nov
- Nottingham Arena: 18th- 20th Nov
- Sheffield Arena: 9th – 11th March
- Birmingham NEC: 16th – 18th March
- Liverpool Echo: 23rd- 25th March