PlayStation Home is to get a major update starting tomorrow and Sony has released the details.
According to Sony, if you are upgrading from an old version of Home (1.40 or earlier) then when you attempt to apply the 1.55 patch you will have to wait for the orange “Hard Drive activity” light to stop flashing on your PlayStation3 before commencing with the patching process.
Here’s a list of new features:
- Improved the layout, design, colour scheme and text of the start-up flow
- The start-up flow will now display a variety of information depending on how recently you last visited PlayStation Home.
Wardrobe and Furniture Browser
- When you are browsing through a category of items in the wardrobe or furniture browser we now display the name of the object you have highlighted.
- There is an option in the Menu Pad under “Options > Settings > Personal > Clothing / Furniture Names” to change this behaviour:
- Off: Switches the display of names off.
- Selected: Displays the name of the selected object only (default).
- All: Displays names for all objects.
- You can click [L3] to display more information about the highlighted object. This will pop up a menu showing:
- Whether it is a purchase, reward or part of the default inventory.
- Date of acquisition (if relevant).
- In addition to the name changes the overall speed of the wardrobe and furniture browser has been significantly increased.
Added an option to manually clear the cache of data that Home creates on your HDD. This can sometimes resolve problems that you might be having. You can find it in the Menu Pad under “Options > Settings > Personal > Clear Cache”.
- There is an option to view “Help” from the carousel on the Menu Pad. This is only available to new users.
- There is an option to “Redecorate” on the carousel on the Menu Pad. This is only available when you are in your Personal Space or a Clubhouse that you own (i.e. somewhere that you can place furniture).
Loading Screen Tips
- Different loading screen tips are now shown depending on how many times you have visited PlayStation®Home.
- Continued working to improve stability.
There is yet another major core update (as seen in the title image), which will bring more new spaces with new functionality, however this update has not yet been dated.