EA’s released a new patch for the console versions of FIFA 12 console patch, fixing goalkeeper control while playing online and also fixing some other issues which players were experiencing with the game.
Here’s the list:
- Goalkeeper control in online matches: We asked for your feedback and we got lots of it. After reviewing that and our own telemetry, we decided that enough people were abusing this feature online to negatively affect the experience of the majority. So we have decided to remove the ability to press Back/Select and play as the goalkeeper, allowing the CPU to defend, in all online matches. The function remains available in offline matches.
- Fixed a situation that would see the user in an empty FUT Store without button functionality.
- Fixed a FUT crash when using custom tactics.
- Fixed a hard lock that would occur when applying a Manager Contract after purchasing a Bronze Premium Pack in FUT.
- Fixed a situation that would see some users being disconnected from FUT after five seconds of connectivity.
- We have optimised the FUT server to speed up transactions.
- Fixed a situation where the game would hang when downloading a Game Face.
- Fixed a situation that would allow an online team to be controlled by other player.
“Once again thank you for your continued patience while waiting for this patch and for the ones we will be releasing in the future,” said a post by EA’s forum admin, Dux0r.
“While we know this patch may not contain everything you wish to be addressed, it is a good start and with your continued support we will be addressing more issues as soon as we can.”
You can download the patch right now.
If you don’t have FIFA 12 yet then make sure you check out our review here. You can order FIFA 12 from ShopTo here.