Techland has today revealed that new patches for Dead Island are due to go live on PlayStation Network (9th November) and Xbox Live (10th November).
Details are below.
- Level cap raised to 60
- New blueprints for weapon mods added
- Infected damage reduced
- Infected no longer interrupt player attacks
- A series of improvements to subsequent playthroughs implemented:
- quest XP rewards adjusted
- XP rewards for challenges adjusted
- in subsequent playthroughs XP is awarded for all quests completed in co-op
- Purna’s ammo carrying capacity increased by 50%
- Character state from a save game can now be loaded when using the Start from Chapter option
- New balancing option added: enemy levels can now be adjusted independently for each co-op player
- Players respawn with more health
- Picklock skill level required to open a lock is now clearly indicated
- Improved rewards in weapon crates
- All weapon crates now contain rewards
- Kick ability balanced, now requires stamina
- Items can now be picked up instantly; this is reflected in adjusted animations
Fixes and interface improvements
- Fix: players are no longer left without a weapon after dropping the equipped item and healing with a medkit.
- Fix: equipped items no longer swap mysteriously after drinking an energy drink
- Tweak: healing with medkits from inventory works better, makes smarter choices of medkits
- Fix: loot from dead enemies is now always identical for all co-op players
- Fix: Purna no longer finishes her Fury with fists equipped
- Fix: map tracking after death
- Fix: zone info in the quarantine zone (City of Moresby)
- Tweak: respawn point selection is now smarter
- Improved stability and network performance in co-op
- Quest and reward fixes implemented
Don’t forget, you can read our review for Dead Island here.