Sony today announced that VidZone, the revolutionary free music video streaming service for PlayStation 3, will today receive a revamp.
The service will be getting a completely fresh new look as well as a change to navigating, which has been made “simpler, slicker, more social and fun to use with the additions of Zones, My Zone V:Mix and social network connectivity.”
There is also a new VIP Zone to check out playlists from artists including LMFAO, Blink 182, The Saturdays, Professor Green, Snow Patrol, Big Sean, Pixie Lott and more. Like any other Zone users can access these, check out the videos on offer, and add them to their own My Zone for easy access at any time.
Adrian Workman, CEO of VidZone said “We’ve listened to the VidZone community and have gone back to the drawing board, rebuilding the service to make finding and enjoying music videos an intuitive, more enjoyable experience. Go and check out the all-new VidZone, you won’t believe the difference.”
Brand new features available include:
- Zones: Instead of browsing through thousands of videos, uses can go straight to a Zone that suits them most. Zones categorise music videos by genre or theme and direct users to the type of videos they want to see the most – making is easier and more fun to discover new videos or artists – Rock Zone, Pop Zone, Hip-Hop Zone, Party Zone or Live Zone are just a few examples.
- My Zone: Create a completely customized experience with the new My Zone feature. Music video lovers can add all their favourite playlists or TV channels and start building a library of only the music videos they love the most – then jump straight into the content from the VidZone home screen.
- V-Mix: This smart playlist generator will play music videos by artists similar to what the user is watching at that time.
- Social Connectivity: Confessing your love for a music video is simple. With Facebook integration users can share all their recommendations with their friends and with a few simple clicks they can invite PSN friends to join them in VidZone just as easily.
- Optimised Search: Completely updated, VidZone now offers up-front shortcuts to the most popular content, as well as a redesigned search function including ‘similar artist’ functionality that makes finding videos quick and easy. Brand new progressive search instantly displays results of artists / videos by just typing a few letters. The more letters typed, the more defined the search.