Stewart Gilray of Just Add Water has today announced that Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath will arrive on December 21st via the PlayStation Store.
“I wanted to first thank you all for your patience, it’s been a long wait I guess, but at the same time it’s been even longer for us,” said Gilray on the PS Blog. “We’ve been working on Stranger’s Wrath, one way or another for around 15 months now. From the initial discussions, to actually starting work on the project true, to then getting it done!
“As most of you may know we originally planned to release the game around Easter, to be able to do that we were to have started full development in September last year, but as it transpired, we didn’t actually start until April 2011, which gave us our hoped late Summer release; but we ended up spending another couple of months on it, so here we are DONE AND DUSTED for release.”
Gilray added that Just Add Water, was planning to add 3DTV, PlayStation Move support and a few other things, however due to time constraints this wasn’t possible. The good news however, is that the developer will be bringing them in an update in a couple months, “along with some other little extras.”
Here’s what’s updated in the HD version:
- All 84 character models have been updated with increased polygon counts and higher resolution textures.
- Wolvark Sloghandlers now release Slogs instead of Slegs.
- Professor Dimble now has glasses and an academic tome.
- New female voices have been recorded for two characters.
- Made Blisterz Booty unkillable.
- All environments have been given higher resolution textures.
- Most vegetation has been updated with increased polygon counts and/or higher resolution textures.
- A lot of environment now reflects in water where it didn’t before.
- Many, many pipes and barrels rounded.
- Easter Eggs added to the game.
- Added Blisterz Booty’s broken crud gun to the floor by his bola’d body.
- Sekto’s Office has been changed to more closely resemble than seen in the FMV.
- All game audio (voice, sound effects and music) have been upgraded to 16-bit 44KHz from 8-bit 11KHz or less!
- Support for 5.1, Dolby Digitial and DTS.
- Everything now runs at 720p, 60 FPS, widescreen.
- All menus have been updated with a new design based on original unused concepts.
- New posters now occupy the inventory menu when no bounty is accepted.
- All armour upgrades now actually increase Stranger’s health.
- Added difficulty levels to the game: Easy, Medium and Hard.
- In easy mode:
- Stranger has twice the health.
- Enemies have half the health and stamina.
- Enemies’ stamina recovers half as fast.
- In Normal Mode:
- Stranger’s health and armour for later in the game have been re-balanced.
- In hard mode:
- Stranger has a third less health.
- Enemies stamina recovers a third quicker.
- 37 trophies: 23 bronze, 8 silver, 5 gold, 1 platinum.
- 37 pieces of unlockable Concept art.
- 5 unlockable movie.
The game will cost you £9.99/€12.99, which seems like an absolute steal to us.