Test Drive Unlimited 2 launched to a plethora of online and offline issues that affected game play for almost every player, Well there may be an end insight as the 1st patch is due to go live on Xbox Live on Monday 14th March with the PS3 patch following shortly afterwards.
Full details of the patch below
Xbox 360 – Open Issues and Service Status
Last Update: March 10, 5:00PM PST
Loyal TDU2 Fans,
Thank you for making TDU2 a huge success worldwide. We’ve reached the top of the sales charts in many territories and continue to work diligently on making TDU2 the best persistent-world racing game on console and PC.
The first of our game optimizations for console will be live tonight on Xbox 360 at 1am PT (9am GMT) and PS3 is soon to follow. This update will resolve a corruption issue that some players experienced with their saved game files. In some cases corrupted files will be automatically repaired.
Available on Monday, 3/14 at 1am PT (9am GMT) will be a patch that should address many of the outstanding concerns that some of the community experienced on PS3 and Xbox 360.
List of fixes:
- Improve login process to allow a higher volume of successful connections
- Increase online stability across all multiplayer functionality
- Improve performance and stability of Friends List and Friend Invites
- Enable Club and MyTDULife functionality
- Enable Co-Op races
- Enable weather while offline
- Address an issue where players can get a Lancia which has no car data (the patch should prevent this from occurring in the future, and restore players who are currently affected by the issue)
We have worked diligently to stabilize the network and address log-in issues. Friends lists will now be populated, invites will work correctly and Clubs will be brought back online. The Casino has been optimized and the bug causing players to lose money has been resolved. We have also addressed many of the exploits in the game and will be monitoring cheating in all its forms.
The TDU2 community has been a great support to the development team and we look forward to rewarding your loyalty soon with free DLC content. We should be able to provide dates once Microsoft and Sony approve the content and will update the community as soon as they are expected to go live.
The TDU2 Development Team
- Online Play – Online, being monitored closely
- DLC Purchasing – Online
- Pre-Order Code Redemption – Online
- Pre-Order Casino Code Redemption -Online
- Getting pre-order cars and Casino in-game – Some users are reporting that their cars don’t show up in the Used Car Dealer after the code is redeemed. If this affects you, try playing the game in Offline Mode to see if the cars show up.
- Getting pre-order cars and Casino in-game – There is a bug where pre-order cars don’t show up in the Used Car dealer if you are online. However, you can play Offline, purchase the car, then sign back on and you’ll still have it.
- MyTDU2Life – Offline – This is working as designed. TDU2MyLife is dependent on the Club Server.
- Clubs – Offline – Scheduled to go live when the next patch is released.
- Casino Access – Online, being monitored. Until the next round of optimizations goes live, you may experience intermittent issues with being disconnected from Casino games. Roulette is currently disabled to address an exploit.
Until the next round of optimizations goes live, you may experience issues with:
- Signing in to online mode
- Seeing other players in the world and on the map
- Seeing your Friends lists and sending/receiving friend requests
- Claiming your pre-order cars and accessing the Casino
- Entering multiplayer races and joining friends’ sessions
- In-game communications
[/list]Issues being investigated once multiplayer issues are resolved:
- No Accessory/Avatar Controls (Xbox Wheel) - Xbox wheel users report that they cannot control the accessories or their Avatar if they are using a racing wheel. This will be looked into after the current round of priorities is addressed.
GMDestra - Community Team Lead
Our servers are experiencing issues with online play. Updates on our progress
Source TDU2 Official site