Activision has today released some new screens for Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater HD as well as revealing some new details on the game.
According to a fact sheet released today, the game will include seven levels from THPS and THPS2 refreshed for today, these include Warehouse, Mall and Phoenix from Pro Skater and School 2, Hangar, Marseilles and Venice Beach from Pro Skater 2.
Here’s the main features and new screens as mentioned in today’s fact sheet:
- HD Upgrade: Game was rebuilt and polished by Robomodo using Neversoft’s original code.
- Classic levels: The style and feel of the best 7 levels from THPS and THPS2 refreshed for today. Tony Hawk himself put a call out to his fans on Twitter during the summer of 2011 to decide the final levels.
- The Top Pros: Today’s biggest skate pros round out the cast including: Nyjah Huston, Chris Cole, Eric Koston, Andrew Reynolds, Rodney Mullen, Lyn-z Adams Hawkins (Pastrana), Riley Hawk and, of course, Tony Hawk himself.
- Refined controls: The skaters’ animations, tricks and combos reflect the evolution of the THPS games. For example, you can do manuals in levels from the first THPS, a trick that didn’t enter the franchise until THPS2.
- Endlessly fun objectives: Players pursue the same global and level-specific goals as the original games, including S-K-A-T-E, Secret DVD (used to be VHS tape!), and many more.