EA’s announced that it’ll soon be releasing a new update for FIFA 12, helping to introduce stronger security to certain parts of the game.
“We’re happy to announce that we will soon be releasing an update for the FIFA Ultimate Team (FUT) and EA SPORTS Football Club (EAS FC) areas of FIFA 12. It will become available on Xbox 360 globally and on PlayStation 3 in North America on 13th March, and on PlayStation 3 in Europe and the rest of the world on 14th March,” says a note on the website.
It seems that the bug will be addressing “two very important issues affecting the FUT community,” protecting FUT accounts against phishers and scammers, and the end-of-game disconnects affecting some FUT users on PlayStation 3 and PC.
Ultimate Team has been blamed for a lot of the recent incidents regarding the unauthorised use of Xbox LIVE user accounts, so to tackle this EA has made the following changes in its upcoming patch:
- It will now only be possible to send trade offers to people on your friends list.
- On entering FUT on your console for the first time after the update, you will be required to provide a unique answer to a security question.
- If anyone else attempts to enter your FUT account from a different console, they will be required to enter the answer to your security question.
The patch notes go on to say that while these measures will certainly make life much more difficult for those attempting to compromise others’ accounts, it’s still vitally important that you protect your information.
“You should never reveal your security question and answer to anyone, especially on a website other than the “ea.com” domain. Never give out your username or password. Never share your login credentials (e.g.: email address and password) for any reason. EA representatives will never ask you for your password. Non-EA individuals and/or websites that ask for your login information in exchange for discounted goods (e.g.: free virtual items) or other game-related services should not be trusted.”
In addition to the security changes, the latest patch will also address the following issues.
THE MARCH GAME UPDATE: DETAILS FIFA 12 ULTIMATE TEAM
- To better keep you protected, you can now only send trade offers to friends.
- A new trade notifications system will be deployed.
- A new design will be released for the Trade Feed.
- We have increased the maximum bid price from 10 million coins to 15 million. Tournaments
- New Prize types have been added with additional Packs and Items.
- The prizing on offer for each tournament will now be displayed before you select one to enter.
- A new tournament reward structure has been introduced, varying the prizing depending on the number of times a tournament has been entered.
- We have introduced new tournament types, with entry criteria that allows for teams of mixed leagues, mixed nationalities or mixed clubs.
- A new tournament type will only allow users a limited number of attempts over time.
- Your team’s eligibility for tournament entry is now visible on the Squad screen, and requirements that aren’t being met will be highlighted.
- We have introduced a new difficulty level – Ultimate Difficulty. The toughest difficulty level in the game, it combines Legendary AI with a chemistry rating of 100.
- You’ll now find a new Squad Wizard to help build and/or fill out your squad quickly.
- Introduced the ability to copy a squad to create variations more easily.
- The chemistry links between players will now be more obvious, with a bad connection coloured red, mediocre coloured orange, and good remaining green.
Team of the Week
- You can see the full Team of the Week and navigate and interact with it.
- You can now bring up Team of the Week player bios.
- You’ll have access to new navigation to change between current and previous Teams of the Week.
- We have fixed the end-of-game disconnection error affecting some PS3 and PC users.
- A recently discovered bug that allowed an Ultimate Team player to gain control of another player’s team has been fixed.
- Coins will no longer be awarded if a user Alt-tabs away at the beginning of FUT games on PC.
- Addressed a disconnection bug if a user tried to add more than 100 cards to their Watch List.
- Fixed a problem where the user receives a Debug Text error message in the Watch List when attempting to bid on an item that has already expired.EA SPORTS FOOTBALL CLUB
- Users now have the option to choose the Skill Level they want to play the EAS FC Challenge on. Each Skill Level will offer different XP rewards. You’ll still only be able to complete the EAS FC Challenge once, though.
- EAS FC Challenges can now utilise Be A Pro to have player-specific objectives, rather than having to play as the entire team.
- EAS FC Challenges can now start from a Yellow Card scripted sequence, so you can be thrown into a crucial part of the match from the get-go.
- The [X] Button has replaced the [BACK] button to open up the EA SPORTS Football Club hub on Xbox 360, while the [SQUARE] button has replaced the [SELECT] button to open up the EAS FC hub on PlayStation 3.
- EA SPORTS Football Club is now a selectable option in the Main Menu bar. Selecting it will open up the EAS FC hub.
- A new visual effect will now appear over the top of the EAS FC widget when you level up.
- Completing an EAS FC Challenge was not awarding XP for some people. This has been fixed.
FIFA ULTIMATE TEAM WEB APP
Full Screen Mode
- Enjoy FUT Web in full screen, including enhanced high-resolution graphics and all the new visual improvements. Note: Typing will not work in full-screen mode in Flash, so a keypad has been added for auction features.
Console Security Question
- The FUT Web App’s existing security question now works in conjunction with FUT on your console. You can no longer create your question on FUT Web, it must be created from your console. Your old security question will continue to function until you change it from FUT Console.
- When logging into FUT Web on a new computer or browser, or after 30 days, you will be asked to verify your answer.
- You now have the option of locking your account from the security question screen on FUT Web if you feel it has been compromised. If you do choose to do this, you must login into FUT on your console to recover your account.
Auction Info Tooltip
- All active auctions now have a tooltip that displays all relevant auction information – simply hover over the item. Bidding Changes
- When you are outbid on an auction, the new amount will be highlighted in red beside the current bid. This is to warn you of a potential drastic change in bid prices where some people have been tricked in to losing many coins.
- The Bid button will be delayed for 2 seconds if you have been outbid. This ensures everyone has fair time to review the latest bid.
- Holding down the increment and decrement button will raise/lower the price, making it quicker when clicking.
- Copy any Squad directly from the squad selector.
- Your Active Squad is now highlighted on the squad selector
Dynamic Icons for Auction Search Filters
- Each search filter now has a unique icon.
- Flags, leagues and team crests are now displayed for Players.
- Player positions now co-ordinate with their respective colour, as well as the formation icons.
- Replaced the play/pause controls with icons for each message.
- Dynamic messaging now appears in the Store.
Usability and Art Improvements
- You will notice a wide range of improvements to the design and usability of FUT Web, including better design elements, updated search filter options and a new filter for manager nationality. There are too many individual changes to list here, but you should certainly notice the difference.