The PSP is right on the 3DS’s back this week, despite Nintendo’s handheld only being out for a month in Japan.
According to Media Create, (via Andriasang), the PSP sold 50,479 units last week compared to 50,710 3DS purchases, which is a 10,915 drop from last week and sees the 3DS having now sold 792,954 units since release.
Elsewhere the PlayStation 3 managed to shift 28,973, the DS 19,094 and Wii a surprisingly low 11,808.
The PSP’s sales can probably be credited to the release of Final Fantasy IV: Complete Collection which managed to sell over 100,000 units.
Here is the top ten software sales for the week in Japan.
- Final Fantasy IV: Complete Collection (PSP, Square Enix): 104,173 / NEW
- Dynasty Warriors 7 (PS3, Koei Tecmo): 36.548 / 357.113 (-46%)
- Gundam: The 3D Battle (3DS, Bandai Namco): 23.500 / NEW
- Dissidia: 012 (Duodecim) Final Fantasy (PSP, Square Enix): 21.741 / 403.912 (-30%)
- Monster Hunter Freedom 3 (PSP, Capcom): 16.444 / 4.401.653 (+11%)
- Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle (3DS, Level 5): 16.294 / 242.649 (-12%)
- Phantasy Star Portable 2: Infinity (PSP, SEGA): 14.403 / 300.418 (-11%)
- Nintendogs + Cats: French Bulldog / Shiba / Toy Poodle & New Friends (3DS, Nintendo): 13.219 / 160.742 (-10%)
- SD Gundam G Generation: World (PSP, Bandai Namco): 10.160 / 283.802 (-29%)
- Pokemon Black / White (DS, Pokemon Co.): 10.025 / 5.127.678 (+16%)