Microsoft is to release a Limited Edition version of Halo 4, as if there was any doubt.
The Limited Edition will be fairly feature packed and will include the following:
- War Games Map Pack Access – The Limited Edition includes access to nine maps – three future competitive multiplayer map packs, each including three locations, available for download post-launch on Xbox LIVE. (A detailed release schedule for the map packs will be announced at a later time)
- Specializations – Receive early access to six Specializations, available at launch on Xbox LIVE, to achieve higher ranks in your Spartan career. In addition to gaining access to new ranks, Specializations unlock new customization options. Purchasers of the “Halo 4″ Limited Edition will get access on launch day, while others will have to wait as Specializations are released over time.
- The Limited Edition also contains the UNSC Infinity Briefing Packet, which includes an armor customization schematic, a blueprint of the massive ship itself, and insight into what it means to be one of humanity’s finest warriors: the Spartan-IVs.
Bonus digital content through Xbox LIVE:
- Unique in-game Spartan-IV armor skin.
- Unique in-game weapon skin for the Assault Rifle.
- An exclusive in-game emblem.
- Xbox LIVE Avatar prop.
- Xbox LIVE Avatar Spartan-IV armor set.
“Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn” Special Edition – An extended 90-minute version of the live-action digital series that will bring the “Halo” universe to life as you’ve never seen it, and provide an enthralling backstory leading up to the events of “Halo 4.”
“Halo 4″ Limited Edition also includes the following exclusive videos:
- Bonus in-fiction content expanding the characters and stories of “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn”
- Special Featurette: Bringing Gaming into Reality
- Making of “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn”
It’s expected to sell for around $99.99/£79.99, more details when we get them.