2K’s new XCOM FPS has been delayed once more, with a new time slot dating the game between 1st April 2013 and March 31st 2014.
The game was due out this year, however with 2k Games already having a rather feature packed line-up, thanks to Max Payne 3, GTA V, Bioshock Infinite and Borderlands 2, it seems that XCOM has had to make way.
News of the delay comes from 2K Games latest financial call, in which it revealed Max Payne shipped 3 million copies. That’s not the end of support for the game though as the PC version is available from 1st June, after which the following DLC will be released.
- Local Justice Map Pack (DLC) – June
- Disorganized Crime Map Pack (DLC) – Summer
- Deathmatch Made In Heaven Mode Pack (DLC) – Summer
- Hostage Negotiation Map Pack (DLC) – Summer
- New York Minute Co-Op Pack (DLC) – Summer
- Painful Memories Map Pack (DLC) – Autumn
- Trickle Down Economics Map Pack (DLC) – Autumn
Grand Theft Auto 5 was still not dated in the latest call, suggesting that we’ll be seeing a release date announce at E3.
In terms of figures, 2K Games reported a net revenue of $148.1 million, down from $182.3 million this time last year, while revenue for the entire fiscal year came in at $825.8 million, compared to $1,136.9 million last year.