Looks like we have another timely reveal before E3. Game Informer has revealed that Assassin’s Creed 3: Liberation is to be released for PS Vita.
There isn’t much to go on, but it looks like the game has a female protagonist named Aveline, with the game being set in New Orleans.
A NeoGaf users posted some information from the magazine on the forum, here’s what he says:
- It’s out same day as AC3 (October 30)
- Location is New Orleans
- Female assassin named Aveline of mixed heritage
- Looks like same time period as AC3
- Ubisoft Sofia is developing
- Takes place between 1765-1780 in the period between the end of the French and Indian war
- One of the bullet points is that it’s “true AC gameplay”
- Will not connect to Desmond
- Will have “multiplayer specifically tailored to the Vita experience”
- “The game has been released as a propaganda tool by Abstergo, who want players to experience a gray area of the Assassin/Templar conflict as an assassin rather than a Templar”
- Aveline’s mentor is an escaped slave named Agate,leader of the assassins in New Orleans
- Wildlife like alligators “wait on the banks of the swamp or hide beneath murky waters”
- Liberation will also take players “across the Gulf into Mexico”
Ubisoft’s E3 press conference takes place on Monday so expect a lot more information then.