The features for PS3 firmware version 4.20 have been listed on internet gaming site Neogaf.
The system software version, which will be released on June 26 2012. It seems like the software will mostly concentrate on the new wireless stereo headset, although there are a few new other features, such as the ability to select multiple saved data items, and then either delete or copy them as a group.
Check out the update below:
Wireless HeadphoneWhen the wireless stereo headset (CECHYA-0080) is connected, you can now adjust the sidetone level for microphone audio. To do so Select [Sidetone] under (Settings) > (Accessory Settings) > [Audio Device Settings].
- Off: Disable microphone audio from the headset
- 1-5: Enable microphone audio from the headset
Auto Power off
You can now set the amount of time until the system automatically turns off. Under (Settings) > (Power Save Settings) > [System Auto-Off] you will be able amend the time for [Video/TV/Music/Photo] and for [Game/Other Features]:
- Video/TV/Music/Photo – After 1 Hour, After 2 Hours, After 3 Hours, After 4 Hours, After 5 Hours, Off
- Game/Other Features – After 1 Hour, After 2 Hours, After 3 Hours, After 4 Hours, After 5 Hours, Off
If you enabled [System Auto-Off] in system software prior to version 4.20, the selected time will be set for both [Video/TV/Music/Photo] and [Game/Other Features].
The default settings are [After 4 Hours] for [Video/TV/Music/Photo] and [After 1 Hour] for [Game/Other Features].
Under (Games) > (Saved Data Utility (PS3™), you can now select multiple saved data items, and then either delete or copy them as a group.
- You cannot use [Copy Multiple] to select data that is copy-protected.
- Some saved data cannot be copied.
The upper right corner of the screen displays:
- the number of saved data items that are selected
- the total number of saved data items
- the total file size of the saved data items that are selected