Famitsu’s published the sales chart for Japanese Vita games for the first half of the year.
It’s not fantastic reading for the Vita, with Persona 4 The Golden and Hot Shots Golf being the only two titles to sell over 100,000 units.
Third place is taken up by Uncharted, while Gravity Rush and Dynasty Warriors take fourth and fifth spot respectively.
At least all the titles in the top ten have sold over 50,000 units, but it’s not great really.
Japanese PS Vita sales (January – June)
- Persona 4 The Golden (188,782)
- Hot Shots Golf 6 (118,985)
- Uncharted Golden Abyss (89,390)
- Gravity Daze/Rush (74,785)
- Dynasty Warriors Next (74,718)
- Tales of Innocence R (71,463)
- Lord of Apocalypse (69,162)
- Ragnarok Odyssey (65,318)
- Gundam Seed Battle Destiny (55,527)
- Disgaea 3 Return (54,902)
The PS Vita itself has sold 790,633 units so far, although Sony says that these sales are “pretty much according to expectation.”
Sony expects Vita sales to pick up in the second half of the year, thanks to some of the big name titles releasing from August to December.
Let’s hope for Vita’s sake that they do.