A new patch for SSX, introducing new multiplayer modes, is now available for those who own the PS3 version.
3-2-1-GO! is the first event added, in which the helicopter acts as your lobby. After joining 3-2-1-GO! Event you will be taken to the top of the drop, where you will then wait in the helicopter for other riders to join. As soon as at least one more rider shows up, you can choose to buy into the event and ready-up!
Once at least two riders have readied, a countdown timer will begin, and when it reaches zero the heat will start with all riders jumping out together for a single trip down the mountain with no restarts.
Once everyone makes it down to the bottom, the event ends and everyone collects their credit rewards.
3-2-1-GO! Trick Events introduce a countdown timer for the entire run, so the winner is determined by who can post the highest score AND cross the finish line before the clock hits zero.
Finally, 3-2-1-GO! Race Events, crowns the first rider to cross the finish line to as the winner. As soon as the first rider crosses the finish line the heat timer will start a countdown, and you will have a matter of seconds to cross the finish line to qualify. Fail to cross the finish line and you will receive a DNF.
If none of that grabs you, then EA have also introduced Freeride. This enables you to navigate to any drop on the globe in Explore and Freeride. Here there are no rules, no ghosts, no clock, no score and no other riders. Just you, the mountain and the music.
In addition to the new game modes, EA have made other improvements to the title, here are a few highlights:
- SSX Update feature: Brings you all the latest information you nee to know about any future updates or fixes to the game.
- There was an issue with collecting a large amount of Geotags that resulted in a crash. This issue is now fixed.
- There was an issue with earning a large number of Credits in your bank. Having a couple of billion credits in your bank account can now only be considered a good thing!
- A fix has been implemented in the lifetime earnings display to reflect the above fix.
- If you have not already earned any of these 3 global event badges, the game will grant them to you automatically when you join any Glob Event: “Part of the Crowd”, “I Want To Belong” and ” Bandwagon”. EA have also fixed a rare problem with “The Gold Miner” not unlocking correctly for some players.
- If you are a popular player with many friends, you have probably grown frustrated with the speed and performance of the Returned menu. This is now much improved.
- Players with many friends have also likely experienced an issue with RiderNet not remembering some of your Global Event information, or even the fact that you had paid and entered certain events from time to time. The saving and loading of this information has also been greatly improved.
Sounds like a fantastic update, so what are you waiting on?