Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes is prequel, coming to current gen consoles

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes is a prologue title for PS3 and Xbox 360, which will evoke the feeling of the first Metal Gear Solid, but with the added power of the new FOX Engine.

A report over on the PS Blog says that the recently shown demo, used a PC which is comparable to a PlayStation 3 in terms of power. What this means according to Koijma is that all footage shown should be how it appears on the PS3 and Xbox 360.

"One thing I want to make clear is that Ground Zeroes is something I'm making myself," he said.

"I want to make it clear that Snake is back, but I'm also back. I?m putting all my effort into that."

We aren't really sure what happened to Metal Gear Solid 5, but when you have a game that looks this good, whose complaining?

Edited On 03 Sep, 2012

Comments
visa's avatar
visa 4 years ago
I really cannot wait for this game! The FOX Engine looks like it can easily rival the likes of CryENGINE and become a contender for the 'Make your PC facemelt' league that so few graphics engines are capable of becoming apart of.
Stabber's avatar
Stabber 4 years ago
happy to know this. not sure about the next gen consoles from what i remember
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
The video demo they showed looks absolutely amazing. It looks like they've taken the next step up from MGS4. Hopefully the story is just as good.
SkySaber's avatar
SkySaber 4 years ago
I would LOVE it if they made a remake of Metal Gear Solid but was played through the eyes of Grey Fox. Its never really explained what he was doing throughout the game, he just kinda pops up here and there..
adwan's avatar
adwan 4 years ago
Have they actually come out and said what this is a prequel to yet? A lot of reports flying around saying it's a prequel to MGS5, so does that mean essentially they have actually just announced 2 new Metal Gear games?
Kizzy's avatar
Kizzy 4 years ago
YES! Excellent news at least I know I don't have to fork out mega money for a new console to play this :D
no47's avatar
no47 4 years ago
Nice, this game is looking great and the new FOX engine looks too good to be true.
BaldBoxer's avatar
BaldBoxer 4 years ago
should be amazing, love the metal gear solid franchise and im sure will plough many hours into this as well
shane_5121's avatar
shane_5121 4 years ago
Snakes back! Hideo's back! The best news i've heard all year!