Bethedsa says PS3 owners shouldn't worry about Dishonored

Bethesda is getting a lot of well deserved criticism over its inability to bring Skyrim: Dawnguard to PS3, however, it seems like the developer is still doing its best to bring PS3 fans the missing content.

"Right now our focus is on getting it to work so we can release it," said Hines via Twitter in response to fans questions, "Not on what we do if we can't."

Hines did add that Bethedsa are working with Sony to try to get the content working to a good standard and then released. Whether that will happen though remains to be seen.

Another worry amongst fans seems to be that Dishonored will suffer similar issues on PS3, however Hines was quick to knock those particular worries down.

"Dishonored runs very well on PS3. Press have been playing it all month at QuakeCon, Gamescom, and here at PAX. Ask all the press playing the PS3 version if you don't believe me."

Edited On 03 Sep, 2012

Comments
visa's avatar
visa 4 years ago
That's good, I have many friends that have been worrying about the DLC and dishonored looks amazing so far.
Hymeleon's avatar
Hymeleon 4 years ago
Bethesda only publishing it, but... dishonored is just lazy pile of content. I couldn't care less about it.
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 4 years ago
Why don't skyrim DLC work on PS3 any way?
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
Dishonoured does look great, and the more i read about it, the more I want to play it. BUT With single player content locked behind a code in RAGEand Skyrim just being awful on PS3/DLC not coming to it, Dishonoured has quickly become a rental. I can't hand over money to a publisher that has that much obvious contempt for it's customers!
Danlisa's avatar
Danlisa 4 years ago
"Dishonored runs very well on PS3." I heard very similar comments made by Pete 'I speak with forked tongue' Hines about the state of Skyrim. I won't trust anything from him again. Dishonoured runs on the Bethesda Engine, the Bethesda Engine is broken for PS3, therefore Dishonoured will be broken. That's my logic for anything with a Bethesda logo on the boxing. A true shame but Bethesda quality is borne/proven by their previous titles, all of which are nothing short of poor of Playstation users.
uncleniccius's avatar
uncleniccius 4 years ago
I'm still not convinced that this is the case. I am going to wait for reviews before jumping into the PS3 version of this one.
Cloudedpaul's avatar
Cloudedpaul 4 years ago
" it runs very well on ps3" very well? it better run perfect and on par with the 360 version, im not at all convinced by his comments and from half broken fallout to almost completely broken skyrim, the next logical step for dishonoured would be.....
Bhamkeyx's avatar
Bhamkeyx 4 years ago
I am looking forward to play Dishonored, but due to Skyrim having so many problems on PS3 I am not convinced that Dishonored is going to run perfectly. I will definitley wait sometime before purchasing this game to make sure that there are no major bugs, until then I just hope that Bethedsa will do everything to make sure that Disonored is going to be flawless and for everyone to enjoy the game on their systems.
Nijogi's avatar
Nijogi 4 years ago
From my personal experience with Bethesda games on PS3, I plan to stay well away from Dishonored and/or any other Bethesda game this gen and hope that they improve on the next generation of consoles.
no47's avatar
no47 4 years ago
I hope this can be resolved for PS3 fans, as Dawnguard is a really good piece of dlc imo. I'm wondering if this has something to do with memory limitations the PS3 has, and Bethesda not being able to utilize the game properly to make good use of the PS3's SPU's.