Killzone Trilogy coming to PlayStation 3 this October

Sony has announced today that the Killzone Trilogy will be coming to the Playstation 3 this October

The Killzone Trilogy, coming October 12th, will package all the console Killzone games into one collection for the first time. It also means that the original Killzone will be available on the Playstation 3 for the first time.

Sony also announced that the original 2004 shooter has also been given a nice HD makeover and trophy support. You'll also be able to download KZ1 from the PSN Store at the time of release.

The Trilogy will also include  all the Killzone 2 and 3 multiplayer map packs free of charge. The full map package is as follows:

Killzone 2 Map Pack Bundle
Steel & Titanium Map Pack
Flash & Thunder Map Pack
Napalm & Cordite Map Pack

Killzone 3 Map Pack Bundle
Killzone 3 Steel Rain Map Pack
Killzone 3 Retro Map Pack
Killzone 3 From The Ashes Map Pack

Killzone Trilogy will launch at a RRP of 49.99 Euros/40.84 Pounds and will be shooting into stores October 12th.

Edited On 06 Sep, 2012

Comments
I'll pick this up I'v always been a fan of the first Killzone but I never got around to picking up Killzone 2&3 so this seems like a great deal
Hymeleon's avatar
Hymeleon 4 years ago
This is great news, but I really need only first Killzone HD.
Jimbo_1's avatar
Jimbo_1 4 years ago
Killzone never really did it for me, but the Vita version look amazing
no47's avatar
no47 4 years ago
This seems like a great little bundle. Nice to see Killzone getting an HD makeover along with trophy support.
Cloudedpaul's avatar
Cloudedpaul 4 years ago
only thing i want to know about this is, why did it take so long? its a brilliant series and i cant wait to revisit it, alot of people didn't like killzone 3 but i thought they had the gameplay spot on and using move with the sharpshooter was awesome, turning the HUD off completely and fully relying on your own aiming was an experience that every needs to try
adwan's avatar
I enjoyed Killzone 3, it was just a shame no one on my friends list really plays it and it just didn't have the same draw that Killzone 2 had for some reason. I have a copy of the PS2 Killzone at home that I bought a couple of years ago of ebay for peanuts but i've never bothered to play it! I will just wait and see how much Killzone HD is to buy alone off the store or see if it comes to PS+ (would be nice).
adwan 4 years ago
Bhamkeyx's avatar
Bhamkeyx 4 years ago
I will consider picking this up when the price drops significantly as I already own Killzone 2 and Killzone 3 and I am only insterested in Killzone 1 in HD.
sam_w's avatar
sam_w 4 years ago
Sounds like a really good package, hopefully they release Killzone HD separately from the pack, as I've got both Killzone 2 and 3.