Borderlands 2 could be popular

Borderlands 2 has become 2k Games most pre-ordered title in the UK of all time. That's a pretty impressive achievement considering the company it's in.

"We're exceptionally happy with the level of support gamers have shown to Borderlands 2, and the pre-orders are reflecting what a beloved franchise this is," Take-Two's UK sales director Dave Gould told MCV.

"Orders are increasing week-on-week at a rate we've never before experienced for a 2K title. They are exceeding our already high expectations, there's huge momentum behind the game."

It's no surprise that Borderlands 2 is proving so popular, because it looks fantastic.

The good news is that we only have a few weeks to wait for its arrival. If you've not pre-ordered yet then you can do so below.

Edited On 07 Sep, 2012

Comments
Bhamkeyx's avatar
Bhamkeyx 4 years ago
I'm glad that 2k is doing well with Borderlands, they surley deserve it. Borderlands was a great game, and I highly recommend for everyone to play it or wait until Borderlands 2 comes out, I'm sure it will be as good as the first one or even better. I'm looking forward what 2K games will offer us in the future.
adwan's avatar
adwan 4 years ago
There was no doubt in my mind that Borderlands 2 was going to be a popular game. The first game was cracking. Yes, it had it's flaws, but overall it was thoroughly enjoyable to play. The second game ha been marketed brilliantly and every video released has shown that the game looks great and will be loads of fun to play. The other big thing that has helped is putting Borderlands on ps+. So many people who had no interest in the first game have now played it and found it to be surprisingly good & now want to get Borderlands 2.
Cloudedpaul's avatar
i had played a couple of years ago and i really enjoyed it, but when i got it again on plus it was great to go back through it and finally platinum it, i also brought all the DLC, its really got me hyped up for the 2nd game
Cloudedpaul 4 years ago
no47's avatar
no47 4 years ago
If Borderlands 2 is anything like it's predecessor, then it's going to be great no matter what. Of course this was going to be popular, you don't need to be Michael Pachter to work this one out lol.
angelus3889's avatar
angelus3889 4 years ago
If they can keep the same formular as the first they will be onto a winner as the first was an exceptional game with a descent amount of playtime in the game.
Cloudedpaul's avatar
Cloudedpaul 4 years ago
this is great news for them and us the gamer, this should mean some fantastic DLC later on and of coarse they will be more likely to do a third game, i cannot wait to play through as zero!
adwan's avatar
There's definitely going to be 4 pieces of DLC for Borderlands 2, all available through a season pass. I too was looking to play through with Zero but I think I may try someone else as he strikes me as being similar to Mordecai. Was thinking it might give me a different experience playing as a different sort of character.
adwan 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
Aslong as the dlc they bring out isn't the same as the arena DLC on the original borderlands i will guarantee to buy it. fully hated that piece.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
adwan's avatar
I'm not if they have said what sort of DLC it will be this time, but I'm hoping it will be in the form of side quests like Fallout DLC and not arena packs.
adwan 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
When i get the money will definatly be pre-ordering this. an amazing co-op game with endless hours of fun!
hXcPete's avatar
hXcPete 4 years ago
Damn right it'll be popular, the first one was brilliant, this one begs to offer so much more!
Greigyboii's avatar
Greigyboii 4 years ago
I wasn't a massive fan of the first one, I mean it was ok, but for some reason I am quite excited about the sequel - it seems to have some improved features. Fingers crossed!
Really looking forward to this one, the first was great fun to play with friends, and this one looks to have improved just about everything.
HappyNoodleBoy's avatar
HappyNoodleBoy 4 years ago
I cancelled my FIFA preorder and went ahead and got the Deluxe Vault Edition of Borderlands 2 instead. Not long to wait now