Latest Charts, w/e Sept 8: Sleeping Dogs settle at number one

This week's latest charts are in, showing the excellent Sleeping Dogs from Square Enix in the number one spot.

NC Soft's 'Guild Wars 2' was last week's number one, but has to settle for sixth spot this week, thanks to the sole new entry from EA, The Sims 3: Supernatural, along with the continued strong performance of Mario Bros 2, London Olympics and LEGO Batman.

The rest of the top ten is made up of Madden 13, Dead Space GOTY Edtion, Darksiders II and Modern Warfare 3.

Check out the full top 40 below.

Top 40 Entertainment Software (All Prices), Week Ending 08 September 2012

40. WWE '12 - THQ

Ukie Games Charts, compiled by GfK Chart-Track

Edited On 10 Sep, 2012

Comments
visa's avatar
visa 4 years ago
Sleeping Dogs is a very good game which deserves to be on top! However I'm quite surprised that Madden is so popular.
LFC Bywater's avatar
Madden is awesome, its much better than last years. American football interest is rapidly growing in the UK aswell which might be another reason why its high up the chart
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
HappyNoodleBoy's avatar
HappyNoodleBoy 4 years ago
I was looking for that Dead Space GOTY only to find out he meant Dead Island GOTY. Doh!
elaniel's avatar
elaniel 4 years ago
Glad to see it back on top, definitely an underrated game. Certainly surprised me when I did play it how wonderful a game it was. Surprised Mario is still so high, I thought it was an extremely average game, but I guess Mario sells.
shenmue4real's avatar
Why are people still buying Fifa 12? Last i looked its still near full price and 13 is right around the corner.
shenmue4real 4 years ago
hXcPete's avatar
hXcPete 4 years ago
It's nice to see the game doing so well after Activision dropped it.
Pyroloveridge's avatar
I agree Pete, was looking forward to this for a long time, just started to play i and i am loving it
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 4 years ago
Seems strange FIFA 12 is still in top 20 when the FIFA 13 is only a couple weeks away you would think people would save there money and wait for the more up to date version.
skooks's avatar
I think some people are just content to be a year or two behind when it comes to some sports games. You can pick up FIFA 12 for around £20 now, which might be just the right price point for someone not too bothered about the new £40 updated version.
skooks 4 years ago
angelus3889's avatar
angelus3889 4 years ago
Sleeping dogs more than deserves to be at the top as its an amazing game visualy and the gameplay is so fluid.
Bhamkeyx's avatar
Bhamkeyx 4 years ago
Heared great things about Sleeping Dogs, and I'm glad they are doing so well. I'm looking forward to play it and I'm sure I will enjoy this open world game for many hours.
Cloudedpaul's avatar
Cloudedpaul 4 years ago
after i get and finish borderlands 2, sleeping dogs is my next game to beat, i tried the demo and it was very impressive (the game not the demo) but it was only fighting in the demo, but the game has some nice graphics and pretty solid gameplay and from reviews i have read and gameplay videos i have seen, it gets a thumbs up from me!
knockton's avatar
knockton 4 years ago
I bet activision and crying now lol why are people buying fifa 12 when 13 out in 2 weeks ?
Crockin's avatar
Crockin 4 years ago
I just can't believe that Black Ops and stuff like that is still in there, I mean c'mon, has nobody realised that COD is awful yet? Or did it just spike back up in sales recently with BlOps 2 announcements?
LFC Bywater's avatar
the next time i enjoy call of duty is when they finally give it an over-due overhaul. i hate to admit it but the gameplay is exactly the same in call of duty 4 as it is in MW3.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago