Super Mario Bros WiiU to include seven worlds

The latest issue of GameInformer has revealed that Nintendo will include at least seven worlds within New Super Mario Bros for WiiU.

According to the magazine, the worlds included within the game so far include: "Acorn Plains, Sparkling Waters, Frosted Glacier, Layer Cake Desert, areas not disimilar to Forest of Illusion and Sky World and a world surround by a tornado."

As usual, Mario will be trying to rescue Princess Peach while making his way through dangerous lands full of evil creatures. T

Finally, a new Boost Rush mode has also been detailed, which will see Mario having to move fast to keep up with scrolling levels.

Edited On 10 Sep, 2012

Comments
Greigyboii's avatar
Greigyboii 4 years ago
I am a little dubious about this title - I have played and finished with New Super Mario Bros 2 for the 3DS and was left a little disappointed overall. Mario used to be exciting, but not so much no with these shoddy titles they are releasing every six months. Maybe I am wrong, and this version may add something new to the series. I doubt it though!!
Cloudedpaul's avatar
Cloudedpaul 4 years ago
i think this is a pretty poor effort and a big missed chance to try something new, SM:sunshine was brilliant and so was SM:galaxy but galaxy 2 was barely a step up and this imo is a major step back, its good to revisit a games roots but it seems to me that mario does that far to often, there is definitely a lack of innovation here
skooks's avatar
Nintendo seems to be stuck in a damned-if-they-do, damned-if-they-don't type situation with regards to Mario which is why I think they choose to stick so closely to what they know when it comes to the Super Mario series. It's hard to be innovative with a series whose fanbase already knows what it wants. Stray too far from that and you're going to alienate a lot of people. Mario platformers do what they do, and do it well, and I honestly think that's enough to please the majority. It's a Mario title so it's going to sell by the bucketload. With that kind of consumer trust in a series you don't really need to mess with the formula.
skooks 4 years ago
I should bloody hope so too, I love Nintendo and their games, but they are skimping on content a little lately.
skooks's avatar
skooks 4 years ago
I'm glad to hear it has seven worlds as the last two Mario 3DS titles were so short, though I would expect a console Mario title to have more content anyway.
knockton's avatar
knockton 4 years ago
I will get this wii u game a little bit after xmes
Crockin's avatar
Crockin 4 years ago
Agree with everyone here really. Needs more content, and they really need to start with a new and different Mario type of game after this, either instead of, or along with the continuation of these traditional type Mario games. C'mon Nintendo, you're clearly pretty innovative, a new gameplay style shouldn't be too hard for you.
elaniel's avatar
elaniel 4 years ago
I agree with the first poster. NSM2 for the 3DS was shockingly average. Usually I LOVE Mario games, but this one just felt boring and tedious. A bit worried the Wii-U one is the same. Seems Nintendo are just resting on what they know sells, rather than worry about innovation. I'm just hoping Pikmin 3 will be awesome. BTW, didn't older Mario games always have 8 worlds? Why the drop down to 7 suddenly?