Star Wars: The Old Republic to get major update every six weeks

Star Wars: The Old Republic will receive a major update every six weeks, BioWare Austin general manager Matt Bromberg told AusGamer in a new interview.

"We're committed to: about every six weeks, doing a major update for the game," Bromberg said, "which would be a new Warzone, a new Operation, a new Flashpoint, a new event - and to doing that on a really frequent cadence, every six weeks. So we're going to stick to that."

Bromberg also stated that following the game's transition to free-to-play, lapsed subscribers will receive Cartel Coins, the title's in-game currency, as credit.

Star Wars: The Old Republic will go free-to-play this November.

Edited On 11 Sep, 2012

Comments
Crockin's avatar
Crockin 4 years ago
Sounds good, Free-to-play drawing in all the new players, and then the updates every 6 weeks to keep them on the game.
sam_w's avatar
sam_w 4 years ago
Good luck keeping up with Guild Wars 2 Bioware! :P
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
@ Crockin They need to keep on the game as supscription player are dwindelling fast, i think they dropped to less than the 1 Mil mark
Artemisthemp's avatar
Artemisthemp 4 years ago
Really wish I had to play this game again was so good.
matt h's avatar
matt h 4 years ago
I wish they'd bring this to Console (I know... sacrilege to PC Gamers!) but seeing as I favour my Ubuntu machine to get online a PS3 version of KOTOR would go down a treat!!
GADG3T87's avatar
GADG3T87 4 years ago
I might get slated for this but I'm unhappy with SWToR simply because it doesn't feel like a successor to KotOR, Obsidian have said less than four weeks ago that they would like to work on a true sequel to KotOR 2 and I hope LucusArts lets them so long as they are not rushed this time around. Obsidian have potential to make a great game and I have read about all the cut content from TSL which was astonishingly huge. And I have some issues with EA, I feel that they destroyed BioWare so I hope that if a new KotOR is considered, don't let EA do it!