Resident Evil 6 to get timed exclusive DLC on Xbox 360

Resident Evil 6 players on Xbox 360 will receive timed-exclusive access to three new DLC game modes.

The news comes via both the the official Resident Evil 6 page on Xbox.com and via the latest TV ad, which mentions the new content at the end of the Ad.

Xbox.com goes into slightly further detail, saying "3 new modes exclusive to Xbox 360 coming soon. Microsoft will announce 3 timed exclusive modes for Capcom's Resident Evil 6 available after the game's release on 2nd October. Further details TBC."

There are no further details as to what this DLC will consist of.

Thanks CVG.

Edited On 11 Sep, 2012

Comments
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Sounds good, as long as they dont have dlc like the "versus" DLC on resident evil 5, that just plain sucked...
Shnoorum's avatar
I played it once. That was enough
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Crockin's avatar
Crockin 4 years ago
Yes! I always preferred 5 on 360 (even though i know it's roots are Playstation), so went for the Xbox version with 6 too, looks like another little bonus to 360's version.
elaniel's avatar
elaniel 4 years ago
Picking this up on 360, but I would feel annoyed if I was a PS3 owner. This timed-exclusive stuff needs to stop IMO. Let people choose what console they want a game on, don't lure them towards one because of the content included.
LFC Bywater's avatar
I think xbox 360 has timed exclusives because it pays companys to have content at an earlier date. i think that PS3 does it for some titles too.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Cloudedpaul's avatar
Cloudedpaul 4 years ago
not to bothered, its just going to be mercenaries type games and to me that is the worst part of resident evil, although capcom seem to be giving alot of love to 360 recently i wonder if something sour went down with them and sony? anyway i will be getting this for the ps3.
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Apparently the 3 game types are called siege, predators and survivor. i think thats all thats been confirmed at the moment.
Free DLC would be nice, if unlikely. I was very annoyed that the much touted exclusive Nemesis mode on the 360 version of ORC wasn't free.
Shnoorum's avatar
Yeah, this is Capcom so I wouldn't get your hopes up.
Shnoorum 4 years ago
ozon92's avatar
ozon92 4 years ago
I'm never sure what to think of timed exclusives especially one that started life on the Playstation... As long as the PS3 gets it eventually, then that's fine, either way I can't wait for this game! :D
knockton's avatar
knockton 4 years ago
i hope it has good ranking system xp what ever and this dlc is only like 400 not like cod 1200 to much money to spend
screally's avatar
capcom are really horrible with dlc, same thing last time to unlock re5 multiplayer, a 100kb file to unlock disc content, yay!
screally 4 years ago
DubbleJd's avatar
DubbleJd 4 years ago
Wasn't going to pick this up until in the new year but seeing as i'm going to become a Borderlands 2 widow i decided to preorder it to keep me entertained until AC3 ;)
Shnoorum's avatar
Ah yes, my poor fiance is going to hate me these coming months. Tragically for her she's really not into gaming. Shown her Resident Evil 6 demo and she was totally uninterested so thats not going to be an option for her. There are far too many good games coming out now. Just got Tekken Tag and with Borderlands 2, Assassins Creed 3, and Resident Evil 5 coming up, my wallet will officially hate me.
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Bhamkeyx's avatar
Bhamkeyx 4 years ago
I really do not care, I'm still getting my RE6 for PS3 when the price drops, Capcom is still going to release many more DLCs which should have been included in the disk but they are too greedy. Until they change their DLC practises and start listening to their consumers they will continue having bad reputation which hopefully results in improvements from Capcom, if not I wouldn't care if they quit the gaming industry.