Terraria coming to PSN and XBLA next year

The awesome side scrolling Terraria will be coming to consoles early next year. Andrew Spinks, Terraria developer and creator, is very excited to bring his game to a larger audience. Even though he is not directly involved his humble supportive comments shows his excitement.

"I can't say how excited I am to finally have Terraria come to Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3! To see it come so far is a complete shock, especially after such humble beginnings. It's always been my dream to have as many people as possible know and enjoy Terraria as much as I have, and this is another big step in that direction!

"It's been awesome working with 505 Games, and I can't wait for everyone to see the additional features that they've been able to bring to this new edition of the game."

Its uncertain what these new features are but I'm sure it will just add to the experience. Terraria sold 1.6 million copies and even though its similar to Minecraft, I think it is a much better game. Watch your marketplace next year!

Words by Craig Tester.

Edited On 11 Sep, 2012

Comments
Shnoorum's avatar
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Awesome news. Bought this on the steam sale about a year ago but never had a good enough computer to run any games at all so I've yet to play it. This will be my chance if I haven't got a computer running by then
Crockin's avatar
Crockin 4 years ago
I expect this to go down quite a treat on Xbox, maybe not so big as Minecraft was/is, but I could see it doing fairly well. I too bought it in the Steam sale for like £1 or something crazy... wondering what price Microsoft/Sony are gonna latch onto it.
Shnoorum's avatar
Yeah thats the down side. Steam sales are brilliant, Xbox and PS3 prices, not so much. I'm guessing probably £15 or 1200 msp
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Crockin's avatar
Yeh true. I mean, I'm sure every consumer in the gaming world probably wouldn't mind these prices so much if a larger cut of the money actually went to Re-Logic, the studio that made the game.
Crockin 4 years ago
ozon92's avatar
ozon92 4 years ago
So I just discovered my naff PC can actually play this... I really wanna see what it's about... I'm so scared that my PC would die though D: it's not reliable... That said, next year isn't tooooooooooooooo far away... :l
hXcPete's avatar
hXcPete 4 years ago
As much as I loved Terraria, I paid like £1.24 for it... I do not think it justifies whatever price tag it's going to be given on a PSN/XBLA port..