PS Plus cloud storage changes to 1GB, alongside new firmware (v4.25) (out now)

Sony has released the latest firmware for PlayStation 3, the main purpose of which is to upgrade PS Plus cloud storage to 1GB of space.

The latest firmware update (version 4.25) increases the cloud storage limit from 150MB to a whopping 1GB. After you've installed the update, simply go to the Saved Data Utility under the Game column of the XMB. From there you can access the Online Storage folder and find any existing game saves already uploaded, as well as the increase in space to 1GB.

This will allow you to set your automatic download to upload every game save for every game you play. You can also continue to use this feature to selectively upload game saves you specify.

Finally, SEGA's HD revamp of Dreamcast classic, Jet Set Radio can be downloaded from tomorrow (Wednesday, September 12) on PlayStation 3, with 10% off the 6.49 GBP/7.99 euros. That's a week ahead of all other PS3 owners.

Edited On 11 Sep, 2012

Comments
Shnoorum's avatar
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Thats quite an increase. I considered joining PS Plus but I don't have enough memory on my PS3 to make it worth my while. Uninstalling games and reinstalling them takes up more of my time than actually playing any games
SafaV4's avatar
you could buy a terabyte internal hard disk drive for the PS3, they're fairly good price and worth the effort in installing. That's storage sorted for several generation of consoles lol though we do know the next gen won't be far off now, sooner or later
SafaV4 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
Yeah very true. Only problem is that a friend of mine upgraded and a lot of his save files weren't capable of being moved. He had to leave his Dark Souls save files behind and I don't think I could bring myself to do that. So many deaths...
Shnoorum 4 years ago
exaile's avatar
But if you get Plus you can send your saves to the cloud and them put them back in your new HDD. I would like if they could add a better feature to backup everything, i would like to increase my HDD too, but because i have so many games installed, it would be a big pain to install everything again. A feature like the one that lets you transfer everything from a PS3 system to another would be great. Because i dont have another ps3 to use that feature, and put the new hdd on another ps3 and them bring it back to my ps3, i think it would format everything
exaile 4 years ago
adwan's avatar
adwan 4 years ago
Was wondering when this was coming after the E3 reveal. I've not used all my 150mb yet, but I also haven't checked in a while so it's probably close!
elaniel's avatar
elaniel 4 years ago
1GB worth of saves? Wow, gotta have a lot of games to store all that. If we could do more with the cloud system (like storing games) I think that could be a good perk they have over Microsoft.
Shnoorum's avatar
Wait, you can't store games in that? Yeah, you're right, thats a hell of a lot just for save files
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Artemisthemp's avatar
Artemisthemp 4 years ago
Now I don't have to worry, if my PS3 YLOD, since my saves will be safe in the cloud.