Could these be the final Wii U specs?

A source close to VGLeaks has said that the hardware listed below is the final specifications of Nintendo's new home console, the Wii U, which is set to gain a solid release date tomorrow at a New York press event.

The following list is still considered a rumour and should be taken with a pinch of salt.

CPU: "Espresso" CPU on the Wii U has three enhanced Broadway cores

GPU: "GPU7" AMD Radeon-based High Definition GPU. Unique API = GX2, which supports Shader Model 4.0 (DirectX 10.1 and OpenGL 3.3 equivalent functionality)

Memory: Mem1 = 32MB Mem2 = 1GB (that applications can use)

Storage: Internal 8 GB with support for SD Cards (SD Cards up to 2GB/ SDHC Cards up to 32GB) and External USB Connected Hard Drives

Networking: 802.11 b/g/n Wifi

Video Output: Supports 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i

Video Cables Supported: Compatible cables include HDMI, Wii D-Terminal, Wii Component Video, Wii RGB, Wii S-Video Stereo AV and Wii AV.

USB: Four USB 2.0 Ports

So...are you impressed? Shader Model 4 and 1GB of RAM for games is certainly quite impressive to me. Will you be getting a Wii U on release?

Edited On 12 Sep, 2012

Comments
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
nothing special really if you ask me.. cant see this being a big hit in the long run will be a hit on release and the fad will vanish within a few months just like the Wii!
It's not the power of the hardware, more what you do with it. The Wii was seriously underpowered last time round, but still had some of the best games of this generation. I'll definitely be picking it up on day one.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 4 years ago
It seems strange marketing by Nintendo I cant believe they havent stated a release date yet or confirmed price. Also why in most pictures do you never see the console fully they always focus on the controller.
elaniel's avatar
elaniel 4 years ago
Seems pretty standard specs. I would assume the console shouldn't be anywhere more than £230. If it is, I think they're going to have serious problems shifting units due to these being pretty comparable to the PS3/360 which have been out for many years and retail for about that.
GamerChr15's avatar
GamerChr15 4 years ago
As others have said, it's not really the power of the console it's more what they can do with that power. As we have seen with the likes of the PlayStation 2 and 3, the consoles can have all the power in the world but if the developers struggle to code for it then the extra power is rendered almost useless. You just have to look at the unfortunate situation with Skyrim on the PS3 for proof. I was never interested in the Wii but I have to admit Nintendo have my attention with the Wii U. I currently have it on pre-order and as yet I have seen no reason to change my mind.
Shnoorum's avatar
Shnoorum 4 years ago
It's already got a pretty good line up so the specs aren't all that important. Wii did pretty good for itself. I mean I'd rather be playing Xenoblade than FFXIII