Nintendo Network Premium revealed

If you are planning to purchase the premium Nintendo Wii U package, then it's been revealed that you'll also get access to Nintendo Network Premium.

The Nintendo Network is the company's new online service, which will also offer rewards. The first such reward scheme, which will run until December 2014, will see users gain 10 percent of any purchase in points, which can then be exchanged for pre-paid redemption codes for games or DLC.

There is no word on how Basic purchasers will gain access to Nintendo Network Premium.

Edited On 13 Sep, 2012

Comments
Sounds good, I'll definitely be picking up the premium model.
Greigyboii's avatar
Greigyboii 4 years ago
I like how they are including this premium service with the more expensive bundle and you don't have to fork out the year subscription fees!
ozon92's avatar
ozon92 4 years ago
I really want to say I won't buy the Wii-U at some point... But I said the same for the Wii and the same for the PS3... I just can't run from tech that has any kind of power... I'M A FILTHY TECH WHORE!!
Shnoorum's avatar
It never works out that way. I even bought a damned Sony Move controller. Yet to use it. Not even gonna consider a Kinect untill they start using its potential. Thats where I draw the line
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Its good to see Nintendo finally making the jump to online gaming. I just hope it doesn't mean they're gonna forget local multiplayer. They're about the only company that really cares about it these days, even if they do put a horribly cheesy family orientated twist on it
ozon92's avatar
ozon92 4 years ago
@Shnoorum Yeah... I bought a Kinect... At least it pauses videos when it wants to... My friends just take the p*ss constantly... As for the move though, I'm real glad I did pony the cash up for that!
Shnoorum's avatar
@oggsy92 First off, kudos with the @ thing. Easier to keep track of responses that way. Yeah my friend got one too. Don't think it gets much use. I would like to try Rise of Nightmares but from what I hear it really doesn't warrant a full purchase. They also buggered Steel Batallion which was a bit depressing. The Kinect does have potential, I've seen what people can do with it. It's just sad it's basically just a very expensive mini game accessory so far
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
Well it would be easier if I didn't use the reply function so it doesn't actually show up in the comments feed. Sorry, my bad
Shnoorum 4 years ago
DubbleJd's avatar
DubbleJd 4 years ago
This is very tempting, but i think i'll wait a while, theres bound to be more tempting bundles released in the next 12 months or so which include 1 or 2 games. But i do like how they have included the network access in the premium bundle so no excess fees, you'll probably find that you can purchase the premium network access seperately at some point.
Crockin's avatar
Crockin 4 years ago
Great idea, hope it works well. Is there any word of a cost for it on the regular WiiU console? doesn't seem fair that only premium console bundles buyers get use of it? Though I'll probably go for the premium anyway haha.
Bhamkeyx's avatar
Bhamkeyx 4 years ago
It is nice to receive something extra when purchasing Wii U, but I think it is priced too high. The price should go down very quickly.