iPhone 5 priced, it's expensive

Planning on buying the iPhone 5 sim-free? Then you better dust off your credit card.

Apple's revealed that the cheapest UK price for an unlocked iPhone 5 will be 529 GBP, with the price then climbing to 599 GBP for the 32GB model and 699 GBP for the 64GB model.

You can pick up the phone cheaper if you are planning on getting a contract, although it'll still set you back a fair amount in the long run.

The new model goes up for pre-order tomorrow. It'll ship out for September 21.

Are you buying?

Edited On 13 Sep, 2012

Comments
Greigyboii's avatar
Greigyboii 4 years ago
I say it all the time and I will say it again - Apple products cost a fortune and NEVER are worth the money! his would be another example - the Samsung Galaxy S3 is cheaper and provides a much better handset overall...
No thanks, I could buy myself a Wii U, a 3DS XL and still have enough left to get a decent phone for the same money.
screally's avatar
screally 4 years ago
I may get it on contract since I'm still with a 3gs, but it's steep...
Shnoorum's avatar
Shnoorum 4 years ago
What honestly makes them worthy of such a large amount of money? It's just a phone, thats all it is. My phone cost £100 with an amazing camera and a hell of a lot of memory. All because it carrys the Apple brand doesn't mean it should be so expensive.
ozon92's avatar
ozon92 4 years ago
Can anyone remember when a black and white (green and white) phone with any form of snake was like 'OMG LUK AT DEM GRAFFIX!?!' Those were the days... We didn't have those fancy colours back then... I'll stick with my super slow Samsung Galaxy Europa thanks.
Shnoorum's avatar
I downloaded Snake from the nokia store thing and it just wasn't the same. It was all graphic'd up. I want my old blocky pixel snake damnit!
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Mohammed 123's avatar
Mohammed 123 4 years ago
NICE, I LIKE!
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 4 years ago
That seems crazy pricing you can get Ipads cheaper then you can get Iphones.
DubbleJd's avatar
DubbleJd 4 years ago
What a ridiculous price, anyone who buys this must have more money than sense, even on contract you're looking at £40-£60 per month, no thanks i'll stick with my Galaxy
Shnoorum's avatar
The worst thing is a lot of people will buy this. This whole Apple craze has gotten way out of hand
Shnoorum 4 years ago
shenmue4real's avatar
shenmue4real 4 years ago
The Lumia 920 is looking like the phone to get, Very impressive.
Artemisthemp's avatar
Artemisthemp 4 years ago
Waiting for next Nexus phone, which will support all 3 LTE signal and outclass iPhone 5
hXcPete's avatar
hXcPete 4 years ago
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovBTsXVLZ24 That is all.
Bhamkeyx's avatar
Bhamkeyx 4 years ago
No way I would spend this sort of money on a phone nor most apple products as they are too expensive. The technology and quality is amazing but I prefer to buy myself an older phone as I don't fancy all the new add ons, all I need it for is calling. I have recentley seen a video in which people on the street were given an Iphone 5 to see if they like even though it was still not released ( They were looking at the previous phone Iphone 4s). The video was short and everyone (7 people) were impressed with the new phone they have even taken out their Iphone 4s and still did not see that they are looking at the same phones. Surprising how in a way we are brainwashed to purchase these new products.
CookieMcCrumble's avatar
CookieMcCrumble 4 years ago
I had an iPhone 4 for two years, missed the 4S and got myself a Samsung Galaxy S3. And so far I haven't looked back, I love the S3. Don't get me wrong, iPhone is a fantastic phone too. I'd bought a load of stuff from the app store which I didn't want to lose so I got myself a new iPad for those, and am *more* than happy using that for the iOS stuff, and using my S3 for everything else. Win/Win :)
GADG3T87's avatar
GADG3T87 4 years ago
Expensive! not to mention a total lack of innovation and from Apple of all companies. The hardware has almost no new technology that is exciting which is a bit of a let down, I'm not biased when it come's to technology but the last Android device I used I didn't like but that was some time ago so things have probably changed and I have read up on ICS. The true upgrade this year for apple is not in its hardware but it is the software, iOS6 will have some nice new features over its previous version and will be available to several of the previous generations of the device. I'm a tech geek by nature but I feel that unless you HAVE to have the newest tech to brag or wahtever your reason, upgrading to the new hardware is this gen un-essential. I'll be keeping my still pristine iPhone 4.
joshua peter alan 4 years ago
I have the samsung s3 and its one of the best phones ive ever had, i have had all the versions of iphone and had a htc windows 7. Iphone 5 just doesnt seem to have anythink new or unique enough to want me going back to an iphone, And the S3 seems to have better specs then the iphone 5 anyway
stevieg83's avatar
stevieg83 4 years ago
prices are shocking, so glad i am on a half price friends and family with T-Mobile so dont have to pay these ridiculous prices