Nintendo Wii U: US Price details and UK release date

Nintendo has announced the price details and release date for the Wii U in the UK and Europe.

The details of the console were revealed by Satoru Shibata, Nintendo of Europe's President, who once again revealed that two packs will be released. The White 8GB pack and the premium pack, which includes a 32GB console and other extras.

As reported earlier, the premium pack will also include the premium Nintendo Network scheme.

If you want to use your WiiMote with the Wii U then you'll need to grab a sensor bar and WiiMote for the basic pack and a WiiMote for the premium pack, since a sensor bar will be included with the latter.

Nintendo will release a starter pack for those who want to grab a sensor bar and WiiMote.
These are the same details revealed for Japan.

The console will arrive November 18 in the US for $299 for Basic set, $349 for Deluxe. The UK will get the console on November 30, no price was revealed as retailers set their own price, however we are guessing based on the US price that we'll be looking at around 220-230 GBP for the basic and 250-275 GBP for the premium.

Edited On 13 Sep, 2012

Comments
shenmue4real's avatar
shenmue4real 4 years ago
Sorry Nintendo but you have joined this gen too late for me.
Exonica's avatar
how is it too late? its the first of the next gen cause ps4 aint out until next year
Exonica 4 years ago
PrometheusFan's avatar
It can call itself next gen all it wants, but it doesn't change the fact it's hardware is top to bottom current gen, it's games line up is current gen... there is literally nothing here we haven't seen done on 360 and PS3 already besides the obvious ipad controller gimmickry. No wait... tell a lie... the PRICING is certainly next gen expensive. The accessory and controller pricing is OBSCENE.
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Happy with the date, but the pricing sounds a little steep. I'll still buy it on release day though, just like I have with every other Nintendo console and handheld.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 4 years ago
Date seems to be quite late maybe a deliberate ploy to make it look like the console is in demand as there will only be 24 days to buy it before Christmas.
Christmas has always been a popular time for console releases.
DG's avatar
DG 4 years ago
£250 for the Premium and I will most certainly be interested. I get the feeling it will be £300 though.
Derrorek's avatar
Derrorek 4 years ago
After watching the presentation, It's pretty much sold it to me. Everything bundled in the premium, and Bayonetta 2 exclusive to it? Well, that's just cemented it even further.
screally's avatar
screally 4 years ago
Solid launch lineup, but it's too late for anything long term I feel with the next gen consoles coming in the next year or two
knockton's avatar
knockton 4 years ago
im geting white one $299 is ££85 si ut wukk be £200 i bet im geting 3 games or 4 i think xmes 4 me
knockton's avatar
knockton 4 years ago
and ps4 will not be out next yr they are makeing the last of us on ps3 so why would they make a ps3 in the same yr
HappyNoodleBoy's avatar
Go out with a bang
HappyNoodleBoy 4 years ago
DubbleJd's avatar
DubbleJd 4 years ago
Price is not too bad actually, i would probably pay £250 for the premium but not until after xmas, hopefully there will be some offers by retailers with games bundled in
Shnoorum's avatar
More reasonable than I was expecting. Granted the UK still hasn't got anything in cement untill the retailers start taking pre orders. Lets just hope they're all nice to us
Shnoorum 4 years ago
HappyNoodleBoy's avatar
HappyNoodleBoy 4 years ago
With the PS4 and the next adbox just around the corner, purchasing one of these is a no go.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Pricing is hovering at around £260 basic and £310 premium on numerous sites, so it seems this is what we're expected to pay. Not that I will mind. Six year old hardware and no games worth mentioning beyond out of date ports means no sale here.
Shnoorum's avatar
Shnoorum 4 years ago
After hearing about Bayonneta theres no doubt in my mind I'm getting one. Sadly not day one though.
carcharo's avatar
carcharo 4 years ago
Does anyone know if Shopto will be doing the same bundle as Game for£349 as contains quite a bit more than on paper the one here for £324. You get a pro controller plus Nintendoland so worth the extra £25.
hXcPete's avatar
hXcPete 4 years ago
I brought the Wii day 1, since then I have literally played it twice, maybe three times. I will not be getting the new one.. All the Wii was good for imo was the ability to play GameCube games, which are mostly classics.
Shnoorum's avatar
I was the same when I first got it. Late into its release its been getting brilliant games so I'm back and forth from it quite often these days though.
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Crockin's avatar
Crockin 4 years ago
So, this makes it sound like you can't just use your Wiimote and sensor bar from your old Wii console? Or am I wrong?
You are wrong, sensor bar and wiimote plis can be used with the Wii U.