Microsoft registers Halo 7-9 domains

Microsoft has registered domain names for Halo 7-9, suggesting it either has plans for further games in the series or is perhaps just protecting its property.

The company registered Halo7.net, Halo7.org, Halo8.org, Halo9.net, and Halo9.org last night. Could another five year's of Halo be on the cards?

Here's the image spotted by Fusible.

Edited On 14 Sep, 2012

Comments
Shnoorum's avatar
Shnoorum 4 years ago
I'm assuming they already registered 5 and 6. Otherwise this would just be silly
skooks's avatar
skooks 4 years ago
I hope they're just protecting their property. A third Halo trilogy would be more than overkill.
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Cant complain about this, i love halo so im a happy guy. aslong as they can prevent the story going stale and keep adding new innovative gameplay features then my gaming appetite will be treated for atleast the next 12 years :D
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 4 years ago
I know Halo is a good series but do we seriously need 9 games excluding spin offs such as Wars and ODST. Seems a bit lazy to me could go the way of the Call of Duty series and become really stale.
Shnoorum's avatar
Yeah I kind of agree. I have played and enjoyed every Halo game so far but they do tend to carry the same old feel every time. From Halo 1 to 3 the hype I felt on each release was immense. Now it's getting more and more watered down with every release to the point that I barely care about Halo 4
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Milking it a bit aren't they? It's getting as silly as CoD, which I stopped caring about after 4.
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
Halo has such a rich universe of massive fans and some awesome stories to boot; i just hope 343 dont ruin it by using a half baked story line with cliffhangers at the end. really stating to hate cliffhangers in every game ending..
VigilantH2O's avatar
VigilantH2O 4 years ago
Well.... If this isn't a money grab then I don't know. Quite tempted to not bother with Halo anymore after this has been posted.
ukdazza's avatar
ukdazza 4 years ago
I would be surprised if even Microsoft attempted to milk this cow anymore... Wouldn't put it past them but, really, I hope its just to hoard the domains.
CookieMcCrumble's avatar
CookieMcCrumble 4 years ago
(sorry Halo fans) I've not enjoyed a Halo game since the first one when I played it on PC years ago. Played Halo 2 on original XBox and from that point on I just thought it was the same, over and over and over and over and so on. I only finished Halo 3 a couple of months ago after trying to work through it for about 2 years. Not saying it's a bad series, just that it's not one I'm into. Love the concept of a ring shaped planet though :)