FIFA 13 demo downloaded almost 2 million times

Electronic Arts has announced that 1.99 million people have downloaded and played FIFA 13 in the three days after the demo launched earlier this week for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC.

This is a 29 percent increase compared to the first three days after the FIFA 12 demo last year. Two weeks from launch, fans around the world have pre-ordered over 875,000 copies of FIFA 13, that's up 37 percent year over year in Europe and a 62 percent increase year over year in North America.

Have you pre-ordered your copy, I have, even if Glasgow Rangers aren't in the game or are they? Let me know the answer below.

Edited On 14 Sep, 2012

Comments
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Nope there nowhere to be seen. Not that i know of anyway. if they are then East stirling should be in the game too!! Not surprising that the download count is up and also pre-orders because this fifa is a good improvement over the last one, which is a good feat in itself.
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
also why is the video a pro evo video? lol..
LFC Bywater's avatar
Never mind jus realised it was an advert before the clip. my bad...
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
Hah, that got me too. What a coinkeydink that out of all the video game ads that could play a PES one did
Shnoorum 4 years ago
PureFromEast's avatar
PureFromEast 4 years ago
And what does this mean? Fifa has amazing advertising campaign? I deleted the demo after two games. Fifa still has zero individuality. Every player moves the same. I never understand the Fifa hype machine. Gameplay still poor for me and not realistic. The same situations happen time and time again Fifa. Still very predictable gameplay and is designed for the casual gamer. There are not tactics needed for Fifa. It is for Children.
ukdazza's avatar
(Sorry this turned out to be a longer reply than I expected...) FIFA is THE football game. This is because it is pushed on football fans throughout Sky coverage (built into the on screen displays etc) and even non sky coverage with pitch side adverts and the like. Plus they have all the teams, shirts, stadiums etc that PES is lacking (although has more of this year). People choose FIFA because they assume its the better game because it looks, sings, and is priced like a superior title. I wanted to be a PES only player this year. The PES demo wowed me that they have made some serious improvements. I preordered PES. Then this FIFA demo came out and tbh its better. It is harder to score goals and more of a battle than PES - which you can pick up and score a hatful every game - but FIFA just tips it by being FIFA I think. FIFA churn out a game every year that is slightly changed with the occasional release that has some major changes. If you have a technical problem with a buggy release they don't care. I hate the way EA treats a lot of its customers. PES churned out several poor attempts at a football game and lost a lot of their FIFA/PES unsure fans. Ultimately FIFA does what it says on the tin: Fully branded, licenses, kits, teams, stadiums, pitches, player names and silky promo videos = THE football game. Just wait until Christmas when it will be on offer for £24-£29 in an attempt to knock Black Ops 2 off the top spot.
ukdazza 4 years ago
KARL 4 years ago
great demo cant wait for the full game
stevieg83's avatar
stevieg83 4 years ago
Must admit i have not downloaded the demo, I never do with the FIFA demos as I always prefer to wait until the full game No doubt FIFA will hammer pro evo in the ratings again this year
scourge's avatar
scourge 4 years ago
cannot wait to get my hands on this game, the demo was amazing! straight the way i could how much they've improved the passing,dribbling and the A.I (who we're shockingly stupid in 12) plus the new pro clubs and head to head seasons look brill in this edition, can't wait!!