Borderlands 2 DLC details teased by Randy Pitchford

Gearbox Software boss Randy Pitchford has hinted that future Borderlands 2 DLC could see players sand sailing and riding a sail barge.

Speaking during a Gearbox Software Community Day, Pitchford, the executive producer, CEO and president of Gearbox, told fans to think "Star Wars: Return of the Jedi."

"I've always wanted to ride a sail barge and drive a sand skiff," said Pitchford. "I've always wanted to do that, and we've got some cool stuff that's along those lines."

Gearbox has already promised to release four DLC packs will be released by June 2013. In this respect, a Borderlands 2 season pass will be available, giving four packs for the price of three.

Thanks, Verge.

Edited On 17 Sep, 2012

Comments
Three packs for the price of four? Doesn't sound like a very good deal.
Joe2120's avatar
Haha I better change that :D
Joe2120 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Sounds rather fun. Borderlands 1 had some awesomely good DLC. I've really got to get around to completing all the DLC as I haven't completed any of them. I have a tiny attention span
CookieMcCrumble's avatar
CookieMcCrumble 4 years ago
BL1 DLC was awesome, my favourite by far was The Island of Dr Ned. I'm sure they'll wow us again with BL2 :)
juschris07's avatar
Yeah that was my favorite one two specially that crazy zombie that you had to collect all the brains for.
juschris07 4 years ago
SplitCoreGaming's avatar
SplitCoreGaming 4 years ago
Ive had a abit of a 360 romp in a local shop. The level designs and details are mind blowing in the unique borderlands style they implemented. Cannot wait to see what they can do at sea. Try saying that fast.
Shnoorum's avatar
Ooh thats a good point. My local HMV has a game stand that usually has upcoming games playing. Gotta have a look see if I'm in luck with Borderlands 2
Shnoorum 4 years ago
VigilantH2O's avatar
VigilantH2O 4 years ago
The DLC from BL1 leaves me a little skeptical of the DLC in BL2. Well, more of a 50/50 gamble whether it'll be good or bad. The good side, was General Knoxx and Claptrap Revolution. Those two pieces of DLC were brilliantly written. Mad Moxxi and Zombie Island weren't so great I believe. Hopefully, I'll see some lightsaber wielding skagg running around the barge if this were to be DLC. I'd pay good money for that.
wraith07's avatar
wraith07 4 years ago
Sounds like a decent deal. I'll be making walk through videos of this so the reduced price dlc pack is a welcome offer. Let's hope we actually do have sand sailing in the game!
KARL 4 years ago
with borderlands 2 i just know ill have to get this dlc
ozon92's avatar
ozon92 4 years ago
If you asked me 6 months ago if I cared about Borderlands 2, I'd have said a straight up NO. But ask me now, and there's definitely something enticing about it that has me coming back to check on it... I do remember the DLC looking fantastic for the first though, despite not downloading it...
angelus3889's avatar
angelus3889 4 years ago
Its nice to see that developeres are looking at extending the game with dlc before release but I think they need to offer a better deal for the pass.
stevieg83's avatar
stevieg83 4 years ago
Bit disappointed the first DLC is just another character class in October, not sure if the price of the season pass will be worth the future DLC as well, may be cheaper and wait until they go on the sale but no doubt that will be a few years time
GADG3T87's avatar
The Mechromancer class DLC is separate I believe and a free download to all those who pre-order the premiere club edition.
GADG3T87 4 years ago
opt1mus76's avatar
opt1mus76 4 years ago
As much as I like developers to support their games after release with dlc (free or paid), I really wish they wouldn't comment on it before release as it almost seems as if they knew what they wanted to do so they've omitted content from the final release just to squeeze money out later.
preyalone's avatar
I get the sentiment, but you gotta bear in mind that the game was probably 'finished' about 3 or 4 months ago. Since then they would have been working on post-release content.
preyalone 4 years ago
GADG3T87's avatar
Also if EA is to be believed there are some developers that have separate departments handle the DLC while the rest handle the main game. If you believe such things of course, that was the story given by EA to people who bought Mass Effect 3, they claimed "We didn't even know DLC was in the works" yet they announced it for day one release.
GADG3T87 4 years ago
the only game i know of that released DLC content on disk was marvel vs capcom 3.... ie exactly what you were saying optimus but the gearbox lot have been working on DLC since they finished the game, and from the past DLC its well worth the extra
Baoson 4 years ago
GADG3T87's avatar
GADG3T87 4 years ago
It'll be a immediate buy on the season pass for me, I'm looking forward to Borderlands 2 and I loved the Secret Armoury of General Knoxx DLC from the first game.
amanda 4 years ago
Hmm, I suppose if you intend on getting all the DLC you could get the season pass, I don't know if i'll bother with the DLC
Baoson 4 years ago
the DLC from the original borderlands was amazing and with the vamped up system this time its possible to allow much more like new characters :D so fingers crossed the DLC this time wont just be a great side story to play but actually allow for much more variety in game, oh i love borderlands.... and 2 as of this friday!!! (shopto preorder :P)
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
how the hell does Gloria get in first on every comment thread?
Laura_1's avatar
Laura_1 4 years ago
Well I'm fine with that haha! Sounds like a lot of fun. I think we'll get our bang for our buck with this game!
juschris07's avatar
juschris07 4 years ago
I think that i will be getting the season pass if the DLC is anything like Borderlands 1 DLC then I don't think they will disappoint.