Latest Charts, w/e Sept 15: Sleeping Dogs won't lie

Sleeping Dogs remains top of the official UK games chart this week. This is the fourth time the game has been at the summit, with only Guild Wars 2 knocking it from its lofty perch during the RPG's first week on release.

Perhaps the biggest surprise is that Namco's big release, Tekken Tag Tournament 2 had to settle for second place, thanks to sales of Sleeping Dogs actually rising by eight percent.

Elsewhere in the chart, EA's wonderful hockey game, NHL 13 arrive at nine, while another new entry for EA came in at 39th place, thanks to the release of the Battlefield 3 Premium Pack.

Check out the full chart below.

Top 40 Entertainment Software (All Prices), Week Ending 15 September 2012

38. LEGO HARRY POTTER: YEARS 1-4 - WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
39. GRAND THEFT AUTO IV - TAKE 2
40. DIRT SHOWDOWN - CODEMASTERS

Ukie Games Charts, compiled by GfK Chart-Track

Edited On 17 Sep, 2012

Comments
I bet Activision are kicking themselves something stupid about this. Especially considering most their popular franchises have gone down the toilet and all they have left is CoD.
Pyroloveridge's avatar
and CoD sucks lol
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
Pyroloveridge's avatar
also i am in love with your Avatar..
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
preyalone's avatar
preyalone 4 years ago
I've blitzed through Sleeping Dogs and am still playing it just for fun. It definitely deserves the top spot.
amanda 4 years ago
Sleeping Dogs is such a good game, only played about 10 minutes of it but enjoyed every second of it.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 4 years ago
seeing as Rayman origins didnt sell well to begin with its impressive that its still in the top 40 a year on.
Kizzy's avatar
Kizzy 4 years ago
Oh wow Tekken Tag Tournament 2 did better then I expected. Second place not bad :D
SplitCoreGaming's avatar
SplitCoreGaming 4 years ago
Sleeping Dogs deserves to be top. Especially seeing a lot of publishers wouldn't pick it up due to them being too engrossed in sequel fever. It is the closet thing we will ever get to a modern day Shenmue remake.
CookieMcCrumble's avatar
CookieMcCrumble 4 years ago
Sleeping Dogs deserves that honour. Fantastic game that I'd play through again and again (if I didn't go skint and had to trade it lol). Totally agree with Gloria, Activision really let that one slip through their fingers and I bet someone is now leaving the building with a P60.
Shnoorum's avatar
Shnoorum 4 years ago
I ignored Sleeping Dogs right up untill it got released. Then I saw all the reviews and generally how well it was doing. That thouroghly got my attention. Can't wait to get my copy. Not to sound like a suck up or a terrible informercial but once again, thank you Shopto
ukdazza's avatar
ukdazza 4 years ago
The fact it is a great game means it should be no.1. The added fact that it has been there for a couple of weeks and has now seen some price slashing and offers means its more likely to stay no.1. People who weren't sure about buying it for release can see the positive reviews/comments and get it between £10-£15 cheaper now compared to release so I'd expect sales to continue. I really wish games would hold their price longer as its making me (and most gamers I'd imagine) consider buying all games post release when I can save a chunk of money!
angelus3889's avatar
angelus3889 4 years ago
Sleeping dogs more than deserves to be at the top as im still playing it now as its so addictive., even though ive nearly completed its just great to hijack trucks and police cars to be chased.
stevieg83's avatar
stevieg83 4 years ago
Sleeping dogs is a brilliant game, just a shame there was no multiplayer element to it, I managed to get all the acheivments on it and finished the campaign, found I had nothing to do after that
KARL 4 years ago
The list made me realise we havent had a good game release in ages, most of that list is terrible.
discordia's avatar
discordia 4 years ago
I've yet to play Sleeping Dogs, but it's definitely an interesting Top 40 list, though it is nice to see the London Olympics games made it into the list. Will also be interesting to see how the list changes with all the new and awesome games this week - Borderlands 2, LittleBigPlanet PSVita, etc. =D
COP3Y DUNT's avatar
COP3Y DUNT 4 years ago
I didn't know lego Batman 2 did so well. Or Tekken Tag 2
stevieg83's avatar
stevieg83 4 years ago
Still a few games I want to try in this list, most notably batman Arkham and te London Olympics games No doubt borderlands will fly to the top of this charts next week
scourge's avatar
scourge 4 years ago
i wasn't expecting much from sleeping dogs as i wasn't a massive fan the true crime series, and the fact that it got canned by activision, but i really enjoyed it. I'm not surprised it's still at the top, a lot of people waited on buying it till friends had played it and gave it a thumbs up. i don't it'll be top once borderlands 2 hits the shelf's though.
Pyroloveridge's avatar
totally agree Sleeping Dogs was Ace, borderlands should top it though; just a shame i have no mate lol
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
Martin Turner's avatar
Martin Turner 4 years ago
Congrats to Sleeping Dogs..it really was a 'sleeper' hit. I dont know if it was the setting or the fact you seemed to have more control over your character but it seemed to add so much to the open-world genre..i absolutely loved it from start to finish! Better then Red Dead Redemption in my (shocking) opinion.
AndyMo91's avatar
AndyMo91 4 years ago
i couldnt believe that there wasnt more hype around Sleeping Dogs before it came out as it is the best game i have played in a long time. Well deserves its place on top of the chart!
hallben's avatar
hallben 4 years ago
Good to see Sleeping Dogs had some legs in this territory though its performance in the US has been lacklustre, then again the marketing push over here was far better. Very soon we shall be entering silly season and thats when things either get interesting or very predictable.