Black Ops 2 multiplayer map list leaked

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2?s multiplayer map list and descriptions have leaked from the beta trail.

The list gives us the names and descriptions from what could very well be the final list of maps included within the game.

Here's the list:

Carrier: "Chinese Supercarrier. Open engagements on the deck, with great close quarter fights through the hull."
Cargo: "Port of Singapore. Good for close quarters engagements and verticality."
Drone: "Hidden drone facility in the heart of the Mynamar jungles. Great long engagements down the center, fun close quarter fights through the facility."
Express: "Los Angeles bullet train station. Good long to medium engagements up and down the bullet train tracks."
Hijacked: "Luxurious super yacht. Frantic, yet controlled close quarters engagements.
Aftermath: "Set in a ruined downtown Los Angeles after an invasion."
Meltdown: "Pakistan nuclear power plant. Battle for control of the nuclear cooling tower and the surrounding facilities."
Nightclub: "Floating resort in the middle of the Indian Ocean. Tight corners and angles throughout."
Overflow: "Peshawar, Pakistan. Great urban engagements in the flooded streets."
Raid: "Fight through this hillside mansion, in the Hollywood Hills. Hectic close quarters engagements."
Slums: "Run down section of Panama. Great close quarters engagements and tough chokes to fight over."
Socotra: Update: Originally "Yemen" as seen in the Black Ops 2 Gamescom live streams. "Urban streets of Yemen. Tight alleys and close quarters engagements."
Turbine: "Wind farm in the steep hills of Yemen. Fight across the different tiers and angles."
Village: "Border town between China and Kyrgyzstan. Classic engagements and destinations to fight over."

Thanks CVG.

Edited On 17 Sep, 2012

Comments
opt1mus76's avatar
opt1mus76 4 years ago
Decent list of maps there with fair bit of variety. Looking forward to Black Ops 2 even though wasn't huge fan of original
stevieg83's avatar
stevieg83 4 years ago
will be interesting to see how these maps pan out. looks like it will be better than the first Blops but still not sure whether it will get me away from Battlefield 3
Shnoorum's avatar
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Liking the idea of fighting in a nightclub. While not a fan of real nightclubs, always quite liked shooting crap up in them. In games I mean. I'm not some sort of crazed psycopath
Kizzy's avatar
Kizzy 4 years ago
I hope these maps are good because I didn't really enjoy the maps on Modern Warfare 3....
amanda 4 years ago
The map lists sounds interesting. Still don't know if i'll pick this up.
GADG3T87's avatar
GADG3T87 4 years ago
Are you "Sure" it was "Leaked"? I wouldn't trust the CoD developers these days, more like they put it out there on purpose for publicity because correct me if I'm wrong but I've been speaking to a lot of recently bored CoD fans who have migrated to BF3.
COP3Y DUNT's avatar
COP3Y DUNT 4 years ago
I'm not tempted at all by this list. The CoD games have rapidly declined ever since the origional modern warfare. WaW had zombies in it and modern warfare 2 had some of the best multiplayer action around but black ops and modern warfare 3 just didn't cut it for a 45 quid game.
CookieMcCrumble's avatar
CookieMcCrumble 4 years ago
One thing COD has always had over all other shooters of the current gen is a good map list and lots of modes to add variety. There's over 30 maps on MW3 so far if you include the DLCs. But overall you know they'll all end up playing exactly the same as all previous maps all the way back to COD4 lol
Laura_1's avatar
Laura_1 4 years ago
I'm really looking forward to the maps. It was really a big let down in MW3 wasn't it with those dull maps? It makes me realise a map can go a long way. Unfortunately it's a shame to have not heard about Elite again. I want to buy the hardened edition and it would sway me more if I was getting a years worth of maps included!
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
Boring hell, Rapidly Declining is an understatement COD became stale after modern warfare its just perfect for ppick up and play people thats why is is so damn popular
Martin Turner's avatar
Martin Turner 4 years ago
I must admit i do have a love/hate relationship with the COD series! Perhaps if they just had a couple of years break from a release, they'll come back with something astonishing. Saying that, im looking forward to playing this on my shiny new Wii U! :) (or should that be glossy?!).
Mohammed 123's avatar