New PS3 teased by Polish magazine

It only seems like a matter of time now before Sony reveals its long-rumoured PS3 Super Slim model and that's to an ad in a Pollish trade magazine, it seems like that time may be as soon as Tokyo Game Show.

Polish site Polygamia spotted the ad in a newsletter from electronics store chain Media Expert which shows a mystery PS3 model, followed by a date of September 28.

This date follows Sony's TGS conference that kicks off on Wednesday September 26th at 5am GMT, suggesting that we could see the new PS3 ship a matter of days after it is announced at TGS.

Current rumours suggest that the PS3 Super Slim will consist of two models - a 12GB machine for 199 euros and a 500GB model for 299 euros.

Thanks TSA.

Edited On 18 Sep, 2012

Comments
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 4 years ago
Seems a strange to have a 12GB console version. Would suggest PS4 is not close if there making a new model PS3
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
ever since they took away the ability to play PS2 games i have lost interest.. what is this like the 9th Version?
Laura_1's avatar
Laura_1 4 years ago
I had heard the rumours before purchasing my 320GB model 2 weeks back from you. I personally don't mind if one comes out, I don't understand the size though. Even downloading LBP2 was more than that I believe. Would it come with cloud storage or something? The games often require installing or patches. Can't understand 12GB as that wouldn't be enough to really game with or be a Plus member?
wraith07's avatar
wraith07 4 years ago
12GB? Surely you must mean 120GB? If not then maybe the 12GB is like an arcade version for people who are more into PS minis. I can't see it selling though. What's more worrying is why are they releasing ANOTHER PS3 when they should concentrating on the PS4?
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
12GB has to be a typo! Pretty sure that Battlefield 3's Patches and DLC would kill that all on it's own! It's gotta be 120Gb
Gummy's avatar
Gummy 4 years ago
Can't wait to see what it looks like, I've just about filled my slim so it's nice timing. Wonder if there's any chance it'll be able to play PS2 games. And no, the 12GB one isn't a typo.
Everyone that would buy a Ps3 already has one and with the next gen right around the corner I don't think anyone will upgrade but I could be wrong since its been proven time & time again that people are stupid
Shnoorum's avatar
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
Oops, didn't even realise I posted 2. Sorry about that
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Do we really need another PS3? As long as the console can play the games its given there should never be a need for a new version. Only upside is that the older versions go down in price.
Kizzy's avatar
Kizzy 4 years ago
I'm surprised...Do they REALLY need to release another type of PS3? That money could of gone towards something Vita related =/
Cloudedpaul's avatar
Cloudedpaul 4 years ago
from what i can gather this version isnt for gamers as such although it still will play games, rather this is for the media capability's and the such, its a pretty good move if they were to price this at 100 quid its a good deal for late comers and i guess you can always upgrade the hdd if you need to!
hallben's avatar
hallben 4 years ago
As many have said I just dont see the need for a further iteration of the console. I have my slim and I have no intention of getting another one, especially if the rumours of it being a top loader are true.
Nijogi's avatar
Nijogi 4 years ago
This new 'super-slim' has been rumoured for a long time. I personally think they should of released this last year, seems a bit pointless now with next gen so close.
DubbleJd's avatar
DubbleJd 4 years ago
Has to 120gb not 12gb, i mean thats one game install and maybe just maybe a couple of minis? Has to be a typo, i'd rather stick to my current model, even if it dies on me i'd replace it with the exact same model, i've learned not to go out buying the latest slim models of consoles since the Xbox as my slim one has more issues than my old brick ever did.
opt1mus76's avatar
opt1mus76 4 years ago
I'm not surprised by the 500gb model but 12gb seems almost pointless to anyone except perhaps the hardcore CoD/BF players who only need space for map packs. Is that 12gb storage a hdd that can be upgraded or does that mean Sony will offer an external storage system?
Datastatic's avatar
Datastatic 4 years ago
Now this is official, quite surprised by the price. Thought it might be the budget model teased to get us through to next gen. Still badley want a scarlet one but cant justify the expense :(
Iqbal 4 years ago
This PS3 does look amazing. I think I need to get one of these for my room as my room tends to get hot and the phat PS3 tends to make a loud noise as the temperature goes up.