PS Vita Firmware 1.81 arrives

Sony has released firmware update 1.81 for the PS Vita, enabling it to fix a few minor software issues.

The update is mandatory, although it doesn't seem to add any further enhancements or changes to Sony's handheld device.

It's likely that the firmware is a way for Sony to combat the recent Monster Hunter hack, which allowed one person to use PS Vita in an unauthorised way.

You can download the firmware now.

Edited On 18 Sep, 2012

Comments
Laura_1's avatar
Laura_1 4 years ago
Nice to see they're sorting out the monster hunter hack. Heard a few people talking about this.
Kizzy's avatar
Kizzy 4 years ago
I only just heard about this Monster Hunter Hack thing. Currently waiting for Capcom to notice that people would very much like a Monster Hunter on the PS Vita and not on the WiiU/3DS -_-
ozon92's avatar
ozon92 4 years ago
Monster hunter hack? I'm gonna have to look this one up... Still, I'll welcome any update that doesn't brick my system! :D
discordia's avatar
discordia 4 years ago
Hadn't heard about the hack, but did get constant errors this morning whilst playing Ecolibirium, and then had to update to use the Trophy list, not sure if they're related. Either way, its definitely been nice being able to play Resident Evil 2 and 3 on a portable! =D
hallben's avatar
hallben 4 years ago
Sometimes I wonder if Sony just have an odd fetish for updates. I am so happy my PS3 does them over night now so all I have to do is install them. I do wish they would restrain the console updating cycle a little, a bit more like MS system with the 360.
opt1mus76's avatar
opt1mus76 4 years ago
Another update so soon? We only had one about a month ago. Mind you, I'd rather Sony deal with hacks with updates than allow them to enter the online games and ruin the experience
Datastatic's avatar
Datastatic 4 years ago
This looks like its to prepare for PS Vita Playstation Plus things in November, also for the forthcoming All Stars beta.