PlayStation Vita gets PS Plus support this November

Sony has announced that PlayStation Plus will be coming to PlayStation Vita in November.

Anyone subscriber via PS3 will already know that the service provides you with free games, early access to demos, cloud saves, trophy syncing and more, all for a free of around 40 GBP a year. If you subscribe to PS Plus already on PS3, then Vita support will be included at no extra cost.

Here's what's included:

Instant Game Collection: Unlimited access to a regularly refreshed selection of the full versions of games as long as your membership is active.
Discounts: Take advantage of exclusive discounts on games and DLC for your PS Vita.
Online Game Storage: An additional 1GB of online storage for game saves for PS Vita games and downloaded content.
Automatic Updates: PS Vita will automatically start up at a designated time to download and install select game demos and game updates as well as system software updates and start standby mode upon completion.
Automatic Trophy sync: Trophy information will be synched to PSN servers automatically via the PS Vita.

Sounds brilliant to us.

Edited On 19 Sep, 2012

Comments
discordia's avatar
discordia 4 years ago
Definitely something to look into! Does anyone know if the PSVita Playstation Plus is part of the normal PS Plus subscription? As today is the last day of a discounted 1-Year PS Plus subscription on the PSN, and if this is included it'd be extra incentive for me to pick it up. xD
Datastatic's avatar
Yes. it is. More goodness for the same price and currently on offer.
Datastatic 4 years ago
Laura_1's avatar
Laura_1 4 years ago
Very sweet! As a new Plus member you really can't go wrong with the deal. Also @discordia Joe mentions it in his article. If you're already a PS3 Plus subscriber you get the Vita Plus at no extra cost! Ties them both in well :D
opt1mus76's avatar
opt1mus76 4 years ago
Thats pretty good. I'm all up for better services and adding an auto update option for Vita is pretty handy as I don't want to find updates when all I have time for is quick game
TheFlyingToaster's avatar
TheFlyingToaster 4 years ago
Sounds pretty sweet especially since I have psn+ on PS3 anyway so I will get all this anyway. Vita cloud storage sounds great, and the instant game collection/discounts are always nice.
Kizzy's avatar
Kizzy 4 years ago
It sounds really awesome but again something my wallet cannot spare and I would love to get more for my Vita and enjoy what new additions that can arrive for it.
CookieMcCrumble's avatar
CookieMcCrumble 4 years ago
I love Plus and think it's one of the best value subscriptions you can get. So far I've had so much back off it and most people I know say the same. Having the Vita added is fantastic news, I just hope the cloud save feature works fully across the platforms too, backing up saves on a handheld is a must for me.
rjc's avatar
rjc 4 years ago
Good news this, however I just hope this doesn't effect the amount of content they dish out for the PS3.