PlayStation Store set for makeover

Sony is makeover the PlayStation Store to coincide with the launch of the new PS3.

"The PlayStation Store for PS3 is set to get a new look from October 2012, making it even easier for you to find and download the content you love from the comfort of your sofa," says a statement from Sony.

An image captured by Neogaf gives us a look at what it may look like (this particular picture is from the beta), check it out below.

Edited On 19 Sep, 2012

Comments
Cloudedpaul's avatar
Cloudedpaul 4 years ago
i hope so, the store as it is now is very clumsy and you have to jump through hoops to find what you want, compared to the US store anyway!
opt1mus76's avatar
opt1mus76 4 years ago
About time. The store is a mess at the moment and seriously broken with blank tiles where content should be
TheFlyingToaster's avatar
TheFlyingToaster 4 years ago
There's no picture showing for me, store could do with an update though so I'm happy to hear this, hopefully it speeds it up a bit.
About time it usually takes you ages to find something that you could find on the US store in 10 seconds
discordia's avatar
discordia 4 years ago
Really looking forward to this. As it looks a lot slicker and easier to navigate. Also hope they revamp the Vita's PSN Store, as whilst it is simple and easy to use, it takes some time navigating it and more-so if searching for specific content or looking for the latest additions. Must not forget that hopefully they'll release a PSBlog app or system for both consoles, as it'd be really handy to sign into the psn on each device and then automatically be signed in to the Blog to comment or just read news/store update posts.
David 4 years ago
Looooong over due but it looks like a really nice UI overhaul. Clean and simple, I like.
Nijogi's avatar
Nijogi 4 years ago
This is much needed, the store is very messy at the moment. There are empty tiles where content should be and you have to go through so many different menu screen's to find what you want. It is also very slow when you purchase something of the store, with that said I can't wait for this update
SplitCoreGaming's avatar
SplitCoreGaming 4 years ago
This is probably the best news I have seen for the online store. I often find myself jumping threw over 8 pages to find one game. The golden rule in any website design is '3 clicks or less'.
Laura_1's avatar
Laura_1 4 years ago
I agree with the other comments, needed indeed. I like the store layout but it could be improved. By the looks of it the new layout should function and look much better.
Kizzy's avatar
Kizzy 4 years ago
Looks pretty cool, certainly better then the current one we have :)
NokkonWud's avatar
NokkonWud 4 years ago
This is brilliant news, the Store has always been a little poor to browse, I wasn't a fan of all the numerous sub-sections and meta-criteria when trying to find something, so I'm very happy. Amazing how far Sony have come in the last two years!
hallben's avatar
hallben 4 years ago
Thats great news. I have always found getting around the PS store easier than the Xbox and this new refined looks to improve it greatly. I can't wait to get in on this. Hopefully wont be long before its available.
Shnoorum's avatar
Shnoorum 4 years ago
I love my PS3 and everything but my god does the layout currently suck. I'm finding content for the wrong games in the wrong places, it's extremely slow, tiles are missing, it takes ages to find anything you're looking for, it's ust awfull. Whatever the next layout is, it cant be any worse than its current state
ukdazza's avatar
ukdazza 4 years ago
Based on the comments it seems this is popular. I imagine it will improve it but its not 'that' hard to find things at the moment. I agree it could be easier tough. Are they also going to step up and ensure that content is released on all stores at the same time? Or when it is supposed to be? eg. FIFA 13...
CookieMcCrumble's avatar
CookieMcCrumble 4 years ago
Definitely needs it I think, the store can get very clunky and slow at times. Anyone else have to suffer a 5-10 second pause when you exit from some product listings? Really annoys me that lol