PS3 slimmer and light now available for pre-order

ShopTo has now revealed its price and pre-order details for Sony's new slimmer and lighter PlayStation 3.

The new system will come in 12GB and 500GB flavours, with the latter arriving first on Sept 28 and the 12GB version arriving in mid-October.

If you are after a smaller and lighter PS3 then you'll be looking to pick one of these models up, although if you aren't too fussed what model you want, then there are some great bundle deals for the current PS3 slim.

You can pre-order the new model below and check out the latest bundle offers on the current PS3 here.

Edited On 19 Sep, 2012

Comments
SplitCoreGaming's avatar
SplitCoreGaming 4 years ago
hmm I am still rocking my 80g PS3 Phat model with no issues. I do not understand the need for constant entire system overhauls when they original included a simple access to a Hdd bay. Seems somewhat counter productive and removes choice from the consumer.
Hymeleon's avatar
Nah, PS3 fats are just too bulky! I have a slim and probably will get 12Gb as backup. Looks sexy!
Hymeleon 4 years ago
Kizzy's avatar
Kizzy 4 years ago
I would get the 500GB console because I'm rather concerned for the space left on my current PS3 system since its getting less and less.
hallben's avatar
hallben 4 years ago
Is this a top loader or a front loader?! Thats what matters to me. Well no, not really. But I shall be honest, the new look is pretty um, ugly. So I am in not rush to 'upgrade' my current slim PS3.
MARTIN 4 years ago
Is it easy enough to use my current PSN ID on a new PS3 so that I dont loose all the trophies I've earned?
ukdazza's avatar
If you just login with your current PSN it will all auto download/sync (in theory). Your game saves won't though - unless you have them all hosted with PS Plus I guess?...
ukdazza 4 years ago
ukdazza's avatar
ukdazza 4 years ago
Is that to scale with the controller in the picture? Pretty tiny! Is it going to cope well with the heat? The slim isn't a fan of getting hot as it is... Tempted to get one for the bedroom so I can get out of the Mrs' way should she want to watch TV and I really want to go online. Some well priced bundles might encourage me or a really cheap standalone price. After all, it may be new but it is a 3rd iteration of an existing console.
CookieMcCrumble's avatar
CookieMcCrumble 4 years ago
Anyone fancy a cheese toastie? xD Like the look of it though, if my current PS3 dies (3rd one already) I might be tempted to go with one of the new models, should I decide to replace it.
DubbleJd's avatar
DubbleJd 4 years ago
At first i wasn't fussed about it, but after my hubby told me that we only have 80gb of space left out of 320gb i realised we could really do with the extra space plus we could do with 2 consoles anyway, i'm fed up of shifting it from room to room when the kids want to watch a blu ray or play something, so looks like we will be purchasing one of these in the new year ;)