Sony's Yoshida says The Last Guardian was announced too early but is still coming to PS3

Speaking to Kotaku, Sony?s Shuhei Yoshida has stated that third game from the ICO/Shadow of the Colossus team is still in development for the PS3. The developers have also suggested that the game was announced too early.

An unnamed developer told Kotaku "I give you my word that it exists. We are working on it."

?There are lots of pieces of the puzzle. It?s a matter of getting them to fit together.?

Kotaku also says that Fumito Ueda, when he was still on the development team, agreed that the "very ambitious project "had been announced far too early'

Edited On 20 Sep, 2012

Comments
Gummy's avatar
Gummy 4 years ago
Wow, was expecting them to cancel this. Didn't a few members of the team leave?
PrometheusFan's avatar
A couple of the head guys quit the team, yes, but they are remaining on board as contractors until the game is completed.
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 4 years ago
I cant see this ever coming out sadly. They have been working on it too long by the looks of it if they ever finished it the PS4 will be out and will go unnoticed.
PrometheusFan's avatar
Unless they release it as a PS4 launch title. The hype around it would be pretty intense, so I daresay the idea has crossed Sony's mind at least.
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
CookieMcCrumble's avatar
CookieMcCrumble 4 years ago
Fantastic, this looks like one of those "epic" games that's not going to appear for years but when it does it will be worth the wait. Loved ICO and SOTC so I can only assume this will be made up of the same quality.
Kizzy's avatar
Kizzy 4 years ago
ICO and SOTC were amazing games and I hope it doesn't take to long to finish it because I can't wait >_<
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Too early is right. At this point, if they're smart, they'll hold the game back and release it as a PS4 launch title. The hype and publicity that would generate would be more than any amount of marketing could get them.
TheFlyingToaster's avatar
TheFlyingToaster 4 years ago
Yeah no kidding it was announced too early. No matter what there will be a lot of people dying to play this (I'm one of them) and they will no matter when it comes out of if it's ps3 or 4. I just hope all the time put into it shows, anything anywhere near as good at SotC and all the wait will be worth it.
hallben's avatar
hallben 4 years ago
It was easily one of the biggest mistake they have ever made and Sony should never have let it get announced when they did. I never played ICO or SOTC but this game sure did look gorgeous. At this point though I dont think the PS3 will ever see it.
yellowned's avatar
yellowned 4 years ago
I thought this game was vaporware, but I see it's still standing strong-ish. Definitely revealed way too early, considering it's been 6 years now and the console cycle is near it's end this gen.
Laura_1's avatar
Laura_1 4 years ago
Announced too early hey? I bet someone's getting a slap for that! I am however, glad they're working on it atleast.
AndyMo91's avatar