iPhone 5 has sold 5 million units

iPhone 5 has sold over 5 million units since it was released last Friday.

"Demand for iPhone 5 has been incredible and we are working hard to get an iPhone 5 into the hands of every customer who wants one as quickly as possible," said Apple CEO Tim Cook.

"While we have sold out of our initial supply," he added, "stores continue to receive iPhone 5 shipments regularly and customers can continue to order online and receive an estimated delivery date. We appreciate everyone?s patience and are working hard to build enough iPhone 5s for everyone."

In addition to the above it's also been announced that 100 million devices now have iOS 6, since it was released last week. That's a whole lot of downloading.

Edited On 25 Sep, 2012

Comments
cortex21's avatar
cortex21 4 years ago
You can't really be surprised with that really, it would be surprising if it didn't sell well
b3media's avatar
b3media 4 years ago
Got to wait for November for my upgrade. :( I've had every iPhone so far, I even bought by first gen one from America before they come out over here because I wanted it that bad!
shenmue4real's avatar
shenmue4real 4 years ago
The power of a name.
Iqbal 4 years ago
I don't feel the iPhone is that great. Just the name of the brand is what sells it to people, but the freedom of Android is amazing. Loving my Galaxy S3. I hate all these Android vs Apple arguments, just love the phone you have, stop arguing over which is better. It's a phone at the end of the day.
markanix's avatar
markanix 4 years ago
My upgrade is coming on the 18th of October and can't wait. I love Apple products and have been very happy with my iphone 4.
Allan 4 years ago
I'd quite like to get myself an iPhone again, not had one since the 3G... sadly just don't have the money to spare for one this time. Maybe the iPhone 5 version 2 (5S?) will be the one for me :)
Gary 4 years ago
Luckily a friend of mine upgraded to an iPhone 5, so I nabbed his 4S off him. Coming from a blackberry curve, It was a worthy purchase. I didnt want to jump straight into a 5, but i'd definately be up for upgrading next year if the prices drop or the 6 comes out.