Mass Effect coming to PS3, trilogy also confirmed for release

EA has announced that Mass Effect, the original game in the series, is finally to be released on PlayStation 3.

The game will appear as part of a compilation, unsurprisingly known as the Mass Effect Trilogy.

You'll be able to pick it up from November 6 this year on PC and Xbox 360, with the PS3 version following at a later date.

?Coinciding with the launch of Mass Effect Trilogy,? says the PR, ?BioWare will kick off the first annual ?N7 Day,? a worldwide celebration of the Mass Effect franchise on November 7, 2012.?

Finally, it's also been announced that you'll be able to pick up the original game all on its own via PSN.

Edited On 26 Sep, 2012

Comments
Joe2120's avatar
Joe2120 4 years ago
The question is, does anyone care after all this time? Does any one want to go back after completing the other two?
PrometheusFan's avatar
People who avoided the other two because the first was unavailable certainly will. There were probably a lot of them I imagine. The better question is how Wii U fans will feel when they're paying the same price as this trilogy pack for just the third game a week after this pack comes out.
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
My girlfriend's gonna love this, she's played 2 and 3 on her PS3, she can now play the first. I played them all on my PC, (fantasic games) and I'm replaying the trilogy on my 360 and loving every minute.
Lee 4 years ago
ALIAS's avatar
Even though I have them on xbox 360 I might get this for the ps3 one day.
ALIAS 4 years ago
Amar 4 years ago
This is a massive surprise, but i doubt alot of PS3 players will be interested in the trilogy after its poor reviews (MS3 Especially)
shenmue4real's avatar
shenmue4real 4 years ago
Will people care after ME3's ending and overall unfinished feel? Probably not.
b3media's avatar
b3media 4 years ago
Meh, Nice of them to give people the choice, but as the other comments say, Who Cares?
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 4 years ago
So im assuming that this comes with all the dlc for the games so far as well. Wonder if this version will be coming to the wii u as well then.
shenmue4real's avatar
From the sounds of it, DLC not included if o it would have a 6th[maybe 7th] disc for the 360 pic.
shenmue4real 4 years ago
TheFlyingToaster's avatar
TheFlyingToaster 4 years ago
I don't know how much I really care either way, I played it on PC first time round and loved it, didn't really make a difference to me if it made it's way to PS3 or not but I'm still happy about the news. It's cool that people will be able to go back and revisit it, those that didn't get the chance. Also cool that PS3 users who want to get into the series can play all 3 titles now. I think I'll pick this up on it's own on PSN. I like trophies and would love to replay it anyway :P.
Blitz1423's avatar
Blitz1423 4 years ago
I care I loved mass effect 1 for xbox and I have 2 for PS3 but since all of them were on xbox i though about getting them for the xbox guess I don't have to now
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Oh man... this is actually kind of funny after all Microsoft's talk of 360 being the "only console with the ME trilogy available". In fact, they specifically said ME1 would never release on PS3 after ME2 was announced. This is a bit of a PR embarassment coming at a time when the PS3 is trouncing the 360 in worldwide unit sales.
shenmue4real's avatar
All the talk? MS said it once and at the time it was true. The fact that the PS3 comes out later probably means EA and MS came to a deal to allow a 5 year old game to be released on another console. Hardly PR embarrassment at all and you simply come off as a bit of a fan boy.
shenmue4real 4 years ago
PrometheusFan's avatar
True though it may have appeared at one time or not, they specifically stated it wouldn't be coming out on PS3 and it is. ME1 may be old now, but MS still to this day tout it as one of their biggest 360 exclusive titles. In fact, isn't there an ad tab on the XBL Marketplace right now (Or was last I looked) called the "Only on Xbox" selection, with full downloads listed for Gears of War, Alan Wake, Fable 2/3 and... Mass Effect 1? However you slice, advertising a game as "only on Xbox" only for it to then be announced on a rival machine while you're still advertising it as such... That's embarassing. There's no fanboyism in pointing out the facts.
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
shenmue4real's avatar
But it was at the time XBox only. Its not going to win sales if they say timed exclusive which is why MS and Sony don't when they have a timed exclusive deal. They always leave out the timed bit thats just how PR works but this is in no way an embarrassment for them. And ME was different. MS signed the deal with Bioware and just before ME1 was released EA bought them so its amazing the game stayed off PS3 this long with EA involved.
shenmue4real 4 years ago
rjc's avatar
rjc 4 years ago
I might just have to give the series a try for the first time with this news.