Silent Hill: Book of Memories turns a new page on November 2nd

Konami and WayForward have today announced that the upcoming PS Vita game, Silent Hill: Book of Memories will launch in the UK on November 2nd.

Book of Memories is the first Silent Hill in the series to offer gameplay presented via a isometric perspective and to contain multiplayer.

Here's the official blurb from Konami:

Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH has announced the European release date for Silent Hill: Book of Memories on PlayStation(R)Vita, as November 2nd.

Developed by WayForward, the new game marks the first appearance of the acclaimed horror series on PlayStation(R)Vita. The game also introduces multiplayer elements to the series for the first time, as players work together within the mist-shrouded areas of the titular town.

Silent Hill: Book of Memories begins with the player selecting a customisable character. The player then receives a book which, it transpires, has the power to change the past. The action takes the form of a skewed top-down adventure with the emphasis on action and exploration. Players are thus challenged to solve a series of tests and puzzles which rewards them with puzzle pieces that are needed to access the next area.

A wide range of Silent Hill elements and adversaries make a welcome return as the player finds out more about the book, and in multiplayer mode players work together in a quest to gather the puzzle pieces and conquer the huge boss creatures which punctuate the gameplay. Silent Hill: Book of Memories also allows users to share Items between characters, including items to restore lost health and to boost endurance.

With a soundtrack by Dexter composer Daniel Licht, Silent Hill: Book of Memories opens a new chapter on terror, as players become embroiled in another terrifying visit to KONAMI?s horror series. The game is available as both a physical product and to download via PlayStation(R)Network.

Edited On 01 Oct, 2012

Comments
HappyNoodleBoy's avatar
HappyNoodleBoy 4 years ago
Why, more than any other type of game, do horror games/series really go to pot? Silent Hill, FEAR, Dead Space etc They go from having some great jump scares, scary chatacters, and atmosphere that has you keeping you characters back to a wall to being so dumbed down they're a shadow of their former selves. Book of Memories has to be the worst game in the Silent Hill series
Bindiana's avatar
I have to agree nobody really tries to make scary games anymore they more focus on action and gore. I really liked the project Zero series they are atmospheric and put you on edge playing them and no guns in sight.
Bindiana 4 years ago
PrometheusFan's avatar
Project Zero has turned to crap now too. The most recent release in the series for 3DS (Named "Spirit Camera" in Europe) was absolutely awful. Only horror series left standing that is yet to be ruined now is Forbidden Siren, and it's been in dormancy for years.
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
Book of Memories is looking to be one of the worst games period. Nah, I'm sure its not that bad. I'm just biased because they're destroying all that was unique about my favourite franchise
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
I have Project Zero on the Wii and its been really good so far. Of course thats a remake so that probably doesn't count.
Shnoorum 4 years ago
PrometheusFan's avatar
Project Zero 2 on the Wii isn't a remake, it's a straight port of the Xbox version with some minor additions (new game mode, new ending) and a new english dub that is much much worse than the US made dub from last gen.
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Bindiana's avatar
I played 1 and 2 on PS2 never played 3 so dont know what that one is like. I am not sure how well it plays on the Wii. I think the 3ds is not the right console for the project zero franchise as cant really get the atmosphere on a handheld.
Bindiana 4 years ago
PrometheusFan's avatar
"Oh really? Never realised that. At any rate, I'm enjoying it all the same. Hope they do the same for 3 and get round to releasing 4 here" Don't get me wrong, PZ2 is a very good game, but the changes for the Wii version rubbed me the wrong way is all. Believe me when I tell you you aren't missing much with PZ3 as well. PZ4 out over here would be great, but Nintendo have said it's not going to happen for whatever reasons. Lame.
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
I have heard bad things about 3 but would still like to give it a try if I can ever find a reasonably priced copy. I cant understand why they'd hold off on bringing the fourth here yet give us a rerelease of number 2. I find that very strange
Shnoorum 4 years ago
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Played the demo, and while this is a pretty sorry excuse for a Silent Hill game, it's actually quite a decent little dungeon crawling RPG. Like a good version of Dungeon Hunter Alliance with horror elements.
Datastatic's avatar
You make it sound really cool there.
Datastatic 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
I will someday try it but it still makes me sad to see what they've done to the franchise. Generally I quite like dungeon crawlers but its so hard to see past the face of this one
Shnoorum 4 years ago
PrometheusFan's avatar
Believe me I understand where you're coming from. Decent or not, what a game of this type has to do with Silent Hill is beyond me. It makes about as much sense as that WWE Wrestling Kart Racing game that came out on PS2 years ago imo.
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
Yeah, I have this theory that Konami got together and had a big brain storm. They wrote 2 lists. Everything thats good about Silent Hill, and everything that Silent Hill should never ever turn into. They then accidentally switched lists and threw the wrong one out. And thus the birth of Book of Memories
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Out of curiosity, anyone looking forward to this game? I'm suprised it hasn't been canned. I have a feeling this will be the final nail in the coffin for Silent Hill, killing all hope for reunion from Team Silent
warden976's avatar
i think you've hit the nail on the head ;) i was looking forward to it, hoping it was going to good. demo proved me wrong. maybe one day there'll be another proper good silent hill. until then i guess it's off the the ps1 verison on my vita, hoping they bring the HD collection to vita too.
warden976 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
Being a huge Silent Hill fan, I wasn't expecting much from this one. Still yet to try it since I dont have a Vita though. I hope someday we do see another one aswell. It's such a uniquely brilliant franchise. I find it hard to stomache what they're doing to it these days
Shnoorum 4 years ago
PrometheusFan's avatar
I think the final nail for Silent Hill was when they released a broken HD collection and rather than try to fix it, Konami halfway patched the PS3 version, then shrugged and basically told 360 owners "Sorry about that... how about another game instead?" No one cares anymore, not even Konami. Sad part is... I actually enjoyed Silent Hill Downpour :/
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
I would have thought that would have been it for them aswell but nope, here comes Book of Memories. I admit, I do enjoy the new games but they aren't very Silent Hillish at all. I did however accept Shattered Memories easily enough because I quite frankly loved that game. Homecoming has to be the worst in my opinion however. Took a lot of patience to accept that game at all
Shnoorum 4 years ago
LLOYD 4 years ago
like RE, i enjoyed the early silent hills, btu they went down hill again.. i dont know what happened :(