PlayStation Plus brings Bulletstorm and Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition for October

Sony's revealed the content you can expect in October if you're a PlayStation Plus subscriber.

As of tomorrow Plus members get free access to Hell Yeah! Wrath of Dead Rabbit, a side-scroller that sees you step into the shoes of a demonic rabbit hell-bent on vengeance - sounds interesting eh?

Next up, on 10th October it's Bulletstorm, People Can Fly's Epic (sorry for the pun there if you got it) FPS. In addition Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition will also be added on that day. Now that sounds like a deal to us, especially since they are both free to all subscribers.

Finally, subscribers will also get the following discounts:

3rd October: Spelunker HD - 50% off the full game and 50% off various DLC packs for two weeks
10th October: Derrick the Deathfin - 30% off
17th October: Dogfight 1942 - 50% off a bundle including the full game and two DLC packs
24th October: Hell Yeah! Wrath of Dead Rabbit - 20% off DLC packs

Remember the following will removed from your Instant Game Collection this month, so download them now if you haven't already:

3rd October: Red Dead Redemption
10th October: Lara Croft & The Guardian of Light
10th October: Saints Row 2

PS Plus arrives on PS Vita in November, so next month's update should be very interesting.

Edited On 02 Oct, 2012

Comments
Shnoorum's avatar
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Damn, PSPlus is always so tempting but I dont have enough memory or money to subscribe. What on earth is Derrick the Deathfin by the way?
rjc's avatar
Wow, what a month. Great content. The best for a while I would say.
rjc 4 years ago
Skiba's avatar
here is a clip of the game Derrick the Deathfin hope that helps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lv96Sqzvn7g plus I upgraded my PS3 to a 1TB harddrive so no problems with space worth doing if you get PS+.
Skiba 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
Thanks for the link. It looks.... Interesting. Maybe a bit platformy for my liking but looks like it may be fun in short bursts...
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Couple of good games there, wish MS would do something like this with Live, we are already paying so why not the odd free game?
Shnoorum's avatar
I agree completely. We get the Deal of the Week and a couple of gimmicky gambling type games in the sales app for paying for gold and thats about it. Playstation give weekly deals to those that dont pay and extra deals, free games, and early demos/betas that do pay for a subscription. Microsoft are lucky the Xbox has good games because as a company I find them useless
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Skiba's avatar
Sony are the better company for original games & new IPs as well imo.
Skiba 4 years ago
yellowned's avatar
yellowned 4 years ago
Will probably pick up both of those. Only played the Bulletstorm demo, and haven't played any of the RE5 DLC. Anyone who's played the DLC for RE5, is it any good? If not then I might pass on the gold edition.
Shnoorum's avatar
I played through Lost in Nightmare with my brother and really liked it. The beginning in particular. If you fondly remember the mansion in RE1 then you'll probably like it. The beginning (although it doesn't last all that long) is nostalgia fueled awesomeness and the rest is business as usual. Yet to try Desperate Escape. Have it but I've moved house so no one to play it with at the moment
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Played all the RE5 DLC, definitely worth a go, although as Shnoorum says it's all pretty short.
preyalone's avatar
preyalone 4 years ago
Really glad I re-joined PS Plus. Getting far more out of it now than I did before.
Blitz1423's avatar
Blitz1423 4 years ago
yes resident evil 5 and bulletstorm been waiting to try bulletstorm for a while
hallben's avatar
hallben 4 years ago
Plus is still one of the best things about the entire Playstation experience. While the back catalogue titles are games I have already beaten I am very much looking forward to Hell Yeah! That sounds like some mad fun.
Datastatic's avatar
Datastatic 4 years ago
Only prob with PS Plus these days is if you already have the games in which case you dont get a lot for your money. I have already had all the games for the last 4 months. My bad, I still get the discounts which I am more than happy for.
LLOYD 4 years ago
Resident Evil 5!! i'm so glad cos i wanna try it :)