Resident Evil 6 PS3 patch issues resolved

Having problems after downloading the latest patch for Resident Evil 6 on PS3? Well your issues should now be solved.

Resident Evil 6 owners on PS3 found that the game would not boot up after installation and patching, however Sony says this issue has now been resolved.

"If you've had a problem downloading Resident Evil 6, please delete and re-download. There was an issue with the patch that is now fixed," says a tweet from Sony.

Resident Evil 6 is out now, you can read our review here.

Edited On 03 Oct, 2012

Comments
LLOYD 4 years ago
Isn't it a HUGE file? too bad for the people affected :(
That's one of the things that has always put me off the PS3, all the installing and downloading updates takes forever. I just don't know why, never had an update on the 360 take more than a few minutes, and the installs are not mandatory either.
It's actually not that bad. One thing i think is odd though is that even after a game has been patched, they don’t put the new version on the playstation store. So, you have to download many patches after downloading your new game.
LLOYD 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
Yeah, I very much regretted buying Bad Company 2 for the PS3. The update took literally half the day. We also had a crappy internet connection so it kept disconnecting. Took a couple weeks before I pulled it off successfully. Dark days indeed
Shnoorum 4 years ago
hallben's avatar
The simple solution is becoming a +Plus member, something you would be mad not to be at this point anyway. You can schedule the machine to come on at say 2AM do all the downloading and updates and then its all ready to go when you want to actually use the machine.
hallben 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
I have considered it but I don't have enough memory and changing hard drives would mean I'd have to leave some of my unmovable saves behind (Dark Souls would hurt). It just wouldn't be worth the hassle in my case
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
Shnoorum 4 years ago
When buying games that are multi consoled, I usually buy Xbox 360 apart from afew exceptions. The installs and patches take up too much memory and time to warrant buying them sometimes. Also, I have experienced problems like this in past games aswell
rjc's avatar
As much as it's a poor do needing a patch on release. At least people haven't had to wait long.
rjc 4 years ago