Black Ops: Declassified gets 'significant' visual update

A new post over on the EU PS Blog suggests that Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified has had significant visual updates since the last time it was seen by press.

Unfortunately for the Vita game, impressions coming out of gamescom were not really of a positive nature, with one of the main reasons being that Nihilistic Software and not an Activision studio are behind the game.

It seems though that the studio has been working hard to change peoples impressions, with Robert Huebner, Studio Head at Nihilistic saying that there have been significant improvements since the last time the game was shown.

"I think the most noticeable thing is a significant visual upgrade; a richer color palette, more detailed models, and better lighting overall. Also we implemented an entirely new animation blending system that allows us to capture a lot of nuanced animation that Call of Duty players are accustomed to."

In addition to he above, Huebner also revealed that the Declassified will be paying homage to the classic Nuketown map, as well as including all the usual Call of Duty style, weapons modding and perks.

So are you excited for Declassified? Can it help shift Vita units or will it be one big disappointment? Let us know what you think below.

Edited On 04 Oct, 2012

Comments
Christopher 4 years ago
not gonna get it as im selling my vita..... sony really need to take a note out of Nintendos book when releasing consoles! MORE GAMES IN LAUNCH WINDOWS!
yellowned's avatar
yellowned 4 years ago
Meh. I still have my eye on the vita, I'm waiting for a price drop and a better game library, and a generic fps isn't going to entice me.
LLOYD 4 years ago
It didn't look that bad to me but an update is always welcome
I thought the big point of the Vita was that it could run PS3 games, Sony made such a big deal about it before it launched. So I don't get why they have a separate version being made by a different developer, surely they can just scale the PS3 version down a notch to fit on the Vita, or was Sony just telling us a pack of lies?
hallben's avatar
No way in hell was the Vita ever going to be able to play PS3 games. Not did they ever promise that.
hallben 4 years ago
Really, because I distinctly remember them showing MGS4 running on the vita.
You're correct. They did boast that you would be able to play online against ps3 FIFA 13 players on the Vita for example. Bit of a let down but I have bought myself 2 Vitas for me and my son's crimbo so looking forward to it.
Simon 4 years ago
Jimbo_1's avatar
Jimbo_1 4 years ago
Could not careless for COD it IMO it died after COD3. Sony showed a tech demo of the Vita streaming Kilzone 3 at E3 but many things never make it out of a trade show and that was one of the things that did not come out of it sadley. - The games are coming but a tad slow as all consoles in the past, The Wii U seems to be the first console to buck this trend. - Vita is good but it could be so much better.
hallben's avatar
hallben 4 years ago
Its a shame, if you care about COD. But frankly I dont. Even if I did, I would have no desire to play it on my Vita. The Vita deserves a more creative and diverse line up of titles.
Joe2120's avatar
Spot on.
Joe2120 4 years ago
Joe2120's avatar
Spot on. Maybe Tearaway will solve this problem.
Joe2120 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
I agree. I really want to see more unique games showing up before I think of buying one. Uncharted, COD, and Wipeout are all really fun but its getting to the point where it just feels like I've been there and done that
Shnoorum 4 years ago
HappyNoodleBoy's avatar
HappyNoodleBoy 4 years ago
Meh. Liberation is only game I have to look forward to. Being a Vita owner is depressing
Shnoorum's avatar
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Not too interested in this. I cant really see any of the handheld COD's as anything more than spin offs to be honest
b3media's avatar
b3media 4 years ago
Another reason to hold out before I take the plunge and buy a Vita. No game as really sold me the device yet!
Konakona's avatar
If you ever get a PSVita, I recommend Gravity Rush. Imo that game right there could have sold me the Vita. (if I didn't already have one) On topic- I think that nihilistic software might be able to do well with this game. I played the resistance:burning skies demo, and was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. (utterly dissappointed with resistance 3.) Hopefully they can put their own twist into the game to make it more their own. Like how Treyarc did with World at War by adding zombies. Will probably pick this game up when the price drops.
Konakona 4 years ago